Boarding the jade in Barcelona

aquasat

I asked the exact same question in January and was told basically you can get on and off. Two things you need to remember though is that you will have hand luggage that you will need to get rid of (your room might not be ready when you get on) and that you will need to be back on board for the emergency drill, so try to find out what time that is being held at. I think there are shuttle buses at the ship that run back and forward to a monument of Christopher Columbus, and from quite near to there you can get on the metro. My plan is to get on board, dump my bag then get straight out and onto a metro to Sagrada Familia (but not go in) walk around to see all sides of it, then straight back on the metro to the ship. If this is similar to what you are planning I think you will be okay too! It is dead important to attend the safety drill though, you really need to make sure you are back in time for it.

Hi,

On 3th april we board the jade.

Is it possible to get of the Jade once we boarded to visit Barcelona?

Or is it like an airport,once you pass the security checks you cant go back.

Yes you can. Remember, Barcelona is not a "normal" embarkation port. It is also a port visit for the passengers who embarked in Malaga.

THX for the info.

We fly in one day earlier, so we can check in early to get rid of our suitecases and still visit the city.

I don't know the itinerary for your cruise but if you are not overnighting on your ship, you will not have access the day before your cruise.

Lynda

I don't know the itinerary for your cruise but if you are not overnighting on your ship, you will not have access the day before your cruise.

Lynda

I think they meant as they were staying overnight in a hotel they could be first in line to check in and leave the luggage when it opens around lunch-time. Thus would give them a few hours before needing to be onboard for muster!

The alternative depending on the hotel location would be to leave the luggage at the hotel, check-out early, spend say 9-2 around the city, return to hotel, collect luggage and check-in late (after the queues are gone).

I think they meant as they were staying overnight in a hotel they could be first in line to check in and leave the luggage when it opens around lunch-time. Thus would give them a few hours before needing to be onboard for muster!

The alternative depending on the hotel location would be to leave the luggage at the hotel, check-out early, spend say 9-2 around the city, return to hotel, collect luggage and check-in late (after the queues are gone).

Well this could be the best option. Thanks for this simpel idee.

Archived