Carnival Facebook page has gone "timeline"...can't find anything

That's b/c Timeline SUCKS!

and apparently it's automatic, not by choice. It automatically appeared for me about two days ago w/a message that said something along the lines of tour now or on April 1st or 2nd (can't remember which one) when everybody gets it.

Sorry for the rant. Really not liking Timeline.

Anyway, not being overly familiar w/it yet, I looked around and it appears as tho only posts from the author (for lack of a better word. friend, fanpage) are showing in this format. I don't see any on timeline that show what others are posting to them.

N/m... It's still showing up the old way on mine.

Under the top block of pics & stuff there's a drop down menu that says "Posts by Page". Click the arrow & choose Posts by Others..

ETA: the drop down menu defaults to different things: Highlights, Friend Activity, or the other two. Gotta love the timeline. :rolleyes:

N/m... It's still showing up the old way on mine.

Under the top block of pics & stuff there's a drop down menu that says "Posts by Page". Click the arrow & choose Posts by Others..

ETA: the drop down menu defaults to different things: Highlights, Friend Activity, or the other two. Gotta love the timeline. :rolleyes:

Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, it was FORCED upon me a couple of weeks ago, same sort of message, "try it now before it comes on line". At the time I thought that it was everyone, however, FB appears to be doing it in stages as some of my FB friends were forced to timeline and others werent. Most FB friends that dont have it yet were complaining today that they are now being FORCED into timeline. Personally, I hate it, the only nice thing about it is the large profile page picture but other than that I find it very hard to navigate and find stuff. I really just look at my newsfeed now and very rarely go on my own or other peoples profile page.

There is a section on the right column on the page that says posts by others. You can view the most recent there and then click more on the bottom and it will open the view of them.

i HATE timeline. Was FORCED to switch in February. I go on FB multiple times a day and I still HATE IT!! I can't stress that enough LOL If it wasn't for some of the groups i'm in I wouldn't keep my account and deactivate it. They should have given people a choice. Try it for "x" amount of time. If you don't like it you can switch. It's been over 30days and i'm still hating it.:mad:

i HATE timeline. Was FORCED to switch in February. I go on FB multiple times a day and I still HATE IT!! I can't stress that enough LOL If it wasn't for some of the groups i'm in I wouldn't keep my account and deactivate it. They should have given people a choice. Try it for "x" amount of time. If you don't like it you can switch. It's been over 30days and i'm still hating it.:mad:

This is how people have responded to every major Facebook upgrade for nearly a decade, and in time most people have come to love the changes (and then in turn, complain when THOSE changes were changed again!). These guys know what they're doing, even when it seems confusing or frustrating for a while.

Archived