Oh WOW....I'm really going to ALASKA ! YIPPPPEEEE

sharecruises

Granted - we are still in triple digits, but still getting excited - have started looking at various excursions, trying to decide as to what we want to see. This will be our first time going into Anchorage, Kodiak, Hoonah and Homer and we are looking forward to seeing and doing different activities.

Soooo looking forward to this trip.

Okie - looks like we will be counting down together!!! Come on September :D

Glad to meet you on line and look forward to meeting you in person.

Have seen your postings on the Roll Call - we are the ones that had to cancel and then were able to rebook. We are so excited about this trip.

The count down is going toooo slow for us.

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009

Alaska- Rotterdam - September 2010

Mexican Riveria - Oosterdam - April 2011

Our family of 6 are going on the Spirit in July. We are so excited, I cannot tell you. We are not doing a land tour but the memories we will make, will last a lifetime. I just love doing the research! It is going to be an amazing time.

So glad others feel the same!!!:o:):p:D

It is fun to plan, research and plan some more...look for "cold weather" clothes....but sometimes I have been getting bogged down with logistics,

luggage weight, where to find "fleece", how to get from port to Sea Tac, etc etc...then it hits me...and I go YIPPPPPPEEEEEEE

I'M GOING TO ALASKA.....YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

So glad others feel the same!!!:o:):p:D

It is fun to plan, research and plan some more...look for "cold weather" clothes....but sometimes I have been getting bogged down with logistics,

luggage weight, where to find "fleece", how to get from port to Sea Tac, etc etc...then it hits me...and I go YIPPPPPPEEEEEEE

I'M GOING TO ALASKA.....YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It is SO different planning for this cruise.....exhausting, perhaps! lol! I know nothing about rain coats, fleece, waterproof shoes, Cuddl Duds...layering....etc etc etc.....i live in West Texas...no need for stuff like that, most of the time!:eek:

It is SO different planning for this cruise.....exhausting, perhaps! lol! I know nothing about rain coats, fleece, waterproof shoes, Cuddl Duds...layering....etc etc etc.....i live in West Texas...no need for stuff like that, most of the time!:eek:

Sheri - I know what you mean. I live in the Tropics and have had to do alot of research. All I know is that I will be cool / cold (read freezing!!!) no matter the temperature so lots of layers it is - long sleeve T shirt, jersey, jacket - maybe a thermal singlet and longs for the glacier view days - and definately a beanie and gloves. I will look huge I am sure!!

Still ..... it is a great way to get a new wardrobe - even if I never wear it again!! :D

LOL...me too....I have been scrounging around trying to find warm stuff, not easy to do in Ft Lauderdale LOL

I bought a turtleneck which I am almost "afraid" to wear...seems like it will be very annoying LOL

event_95784702.jpeg

but then I say ....YIPPPPEEEE....I'M GOING TO ALASKA !!!

LOL...me too....I have been scrounging around trying to find warm stuff, not easy to do in Ft Lauderdale LOL

I bought a turtleneck which I am almost "afraid" to wear...seems like it will be very annoying LOL

event_95784702.jpeg

but then I say ....YIPPPPEEEE....I'M GOING TO ALASKA !!!

laughingdog.gif Love the picture! As for a turtleneck...i have never worn one of those and i never will!!:D

I am also doing the double digit dance :D:DSoon to be single digit

Final payment by this Friday :eek:

Off to Alaska for the third time

Finalized travel arrangements today :):)

Going to ride Amtrak to Seattle

Going to ride the White Pass & Yukon RR to Carcross

Going to see Tracy Arm from a small boat.

First time to Glacier Bay

Playing the rest by ear

Looking forward to the Suite life on NCL

Am I happy or what:D

I'm going on a cruisetour in mid-May! I'm so excited! There will be so many firsts on this trip...first time in Alaska, first time on Princess cruiseline...first time to see glaciers, first time to hold a sled puppy....the list goes on and on! My friend and I are WAY beyond excited!:D

SheriNtexas I see you will be going on the Coral Princess! My daughter and I were on her last April through the Panama Canal. Love that ship and the crew that we had the pleasure of meeting were AWESOME! If you see a tall Mexican waiter in the main dining room by the name Juan Carlos Lopez, and if you can remember, tell him his young friend Jamie Lopez from California said hello please! He is a great waiter very attentive. You will enjoy this ship.

I am totally with you on the excitement!!! We leave WI in 62 days!!! It's the 1st trip for my DH and I alone, I can't wait. Eventhough we are only stopping in 2 ports in AK, I can't wait for all the scenery and wildlife. It's going to be a once in a lifetime experiences!! :D

SheriNtexas I see you will be going on the Coral Princess! My daughter and I were on her last April through the Panama Canal. Love that ship and the crew that we had the pleasure of meeting were AWESOME! If you see a tall Mexican waiter in the main dining room by the name Juan Carlos Lopez, and if you can remember, tell him his young friend Jamie Lopez from California said hello please! He is a great waiter very attentive. You will enjoy this ship.

I'll be sure and look for him! I just copied your post here into my phone so i can remember it!:D

Archived