Fascination OV Room 6C or 6E?

VTDobby

Hey got a question for anyone, We are book on a cruise in may on board the Fascination and originally was going to book on the main deck, since this was kind of a last min. cruise and the upper deck was booked on the website. So we called the Personal Vacation Planner offered by Carnival in the email we received and she was able to get us into a room on the upper deck in a 6C category room. Well a week later we saw the price had dropped so we called to see if we would get a credit. She told us the way we booked we wouldn't be able to get a credit, but what she could do for us is upgrade us to a category 6E room on the empress deck.

My question is, what is the difference between the two category rooms, a 6C and 6E? We have heard form others that there will be a couch in the room which we have never had before with an ocean view room. Has anyone sailed on the Fantasy class ships in a 6E room?

My question is, what is the difference between the two category rooms, a 6C and 6E? We have heard form others that there will be a couch in the room which we have never had before with an ocean view room. Has anyone sailed on the Fantasy class ships in a 6E room?

We have not had a sofa in any of the ov (or porthole) cabins we have been in on a Fantasy class ship (which Fascination is). I can't imagine where they would find room to put one.

The difference is which deck you are on and whether you are forward, aft, or midship - the cabins will look alike.

We have been in U34 (a 6C) and E61 (a 6D) and E79 (a 6E) on Fantasy. We have also been in Porthole cabins U16, M18, and M21 on Fascination.

I like Upper Deck as there are cabins above and below; Empress Deck can be good or bad - depending on what is above you on Atlantic Deck (shops, piano bar, galley, dining rooms) - the Atrium Bar and the internet area as well as the guest services and shore excursions desk are located on this deck.

Study the deck plans before you decide!

You can see the deck plans here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival Fascination

You can use the "drag decks" feature to see what is above and below a particular cabin.

Here is a list of every cabin and amenities.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/fantasy/fantasy.htm

We are currently in a 6d because midship was sold out of quad rooms.

The main difference between 6b and 6d is location. The higher the letter, the better the location - closer to the popular spots.

The ship codes you see, FS, FN, IM, IS, etc; Fascination is FS.

We are also going to be on Fascination in May. When do you sail?

Same exact cabin, no sofa.

We also took an "upgrade" from a 6A (Riviera aft) to a cabin on the Empress deck when the prices for our Fascination cruise dropped, and to be perfectly honest, I wish we would've kept our original room. We were close to the Atrium and there was a LOT of traffic outside our door. Not only that, but we could hear music, loud conversation and laughter until the entertainment was over sometime in the late evening.

Check the deck plans and see what's around and ABOVE you. This should determine whether you should switch cabins or not...

LIke others mentioned, look out on E deck WRT what's above you. Loads of public spaces on A deck. We had an opportunity to move to E deck and I opted against it given that I wasn't happy with all the potential for noise above us. I prefer to be in a stateroom sandwich ;)

Here is a list of every cabin and amenities.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/fantasy/fantasy.htm

We are currently in a 6d because midship was sold out of quad rooms.

The main difference between 6b and 6d is location. The higher the letter, the better the location - closer to the popular spots.

The ship codes you see, FS, FN, IM, IS, etc; Fascination is FS.

We are also going to be on Fascination in May. When do you sail?

I too used your link and liked it. Thank

The only difference is location. As mentioned. A higher deck or a center of the ship cabin. OV means Carnival selects your cabin for you. It could be a 6A or a 6E. That would depend on what is available at the time carnival selects your cabin.

Being under the galley isn’t necessarily bad. You could be under a storage space which would be quite.

Ocean view cabins on Fantasy classs ships do not have a sofa. They have fold downs for the third and fourth passenger.

Archived