Half Moon Cay and Cabanas

matt082600

I am stopping at HMC during my June cruise. I am looking for advice regarding the cabanas. We are travelling with a group of 18; 5 of which are seniors and need shade, the rest like the sun, but at some point will need some shade to cool down, etc. A few weeks ago, I saw someone mention a "Grand Cabana". I asked that poster for details, but none were forthcoming. My understanding is that the cabanas are essentially made to hold 4 people. Are there larger ones that can be rented? Also, assuming we opt to rent a couple, which cabanas do you suggest? Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thanks for the advice. Assuming we opt for 2 -3 cabanas next to each other, any advice as to which are the best to select?

Matt, you will probably get better advice on the HAL board than here. HAL people have better information on this subject. Some will even have maps. Have fun!

Here is a link to the cabanas: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

Here is another good thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=936612&highlight=half+moon+cay+cabana+map

Hi Matt, I prefer the higher number cabanas (the furthest down the beach). Less noise, a bit more private. Last time I went I took # 15 and loved it!

I guess though it all depends on what you like to do.

If you want to be near the action, go for the lower number cabanas.

Either way - you will definitely enjoy them! Remember to book as soon as you get on board, as the sell out rather quickly!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Hi Matt, I prefer the higher number cabanas (the furthest down the beach). Less noise, a bit more private. Last time I went I took # 15 and loved it!

I guess though it all depends on what you like to do.

If you want to be near the action, go for the lower number cabanas.

Either way - you will definitely enjoy them! Remember to book as soon as you get on board, as the sell out rather quickly!

No, with Carnival you book them online before you sail and when you get on the ship, go right away to the excursion desk to as for a specific cabana. DO NOT wait until you get on the ship or you will not have any cabana!

Matt, which June cruise? We are leaving June 9th out of jacksonville and under excursions online, it is showing the oasis and the regular cabanas sold out already for our HMC day. You might want to check availability online first, I've also read to keep checking for cancellations if they show sold out. Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, with Carnival you book them online before you sail and when you get on the ship, go right away to the excursion desk to as for a specific cabana. DO NOT wait until you get on the ship or you will not have any cabana!

Wow - I did not realize you could do this! Last time I went it was not an option! Can you tell it's been a while since my last cruise? Ha, ha :-) Thank you so much for letting me know! I am planning to book another cruise shortly on the Miracle and love Half Moon Cay. Will definitely take advantage of this option!

If you have 18 folks going and do not want the big Oasis Cabana; I would rent two side by side. The lower numbered cabanas are closest to the ship, cabana 10 is just in front of the rest rooms and food, cabanas 13-15 are most private and furthest from the ship. If you rent two, you can call the excursions number and tell them you would like them side by side; prior to getting on the ship.

With two cabanas you can technically have 8 people and if you get a bunch of the lounge chairs the others can hang out just in front of the cabana and then when someone needs shade they can certainly go in the cabana and cool off.

You will only receive snorkel gear, floaties and snacks for four people but if that is not important to you then it would work our perfectly.

You do want to book on line ahead - otherwise you will risk the chance of them being sold out prior to the cruise

Enjoy - we have been to HMC several times and it is one of our favorite stops

Matt, which June cruise? We are leaving June 9th out of jacksonville and under excursions online, it is showing the oasis and the regular cabanas sold out already for our HMC day. You might want to check availability online first, I've also read to keep checking for cancellations if they show sold out. Hope that helps a little.

They're sold out for our cruise too.

We booked our cabana a few months ago.

They've been sold out for our November cruise for a couple weeks now. Thankfully, we booked ours shortly after booking the cruise months ago. My advice to anyone considering a cabana is to book early.

They've been sold out for our November cruise for a couple weeks now. Thankfully, we booked ours shortly after booking the cruise months ago. My advice to anyone considering a cabana is to book early.

It must just depend on the folks on the sailing.....we just booked our upcoming trip for August and there are still 10 cabanas left - of course we booked one but I was surprised so many were still available

If you book two, you will not be Ble to choose them until you get on board. And the best ones go fast. Five were gone before 12:00 on our Liberty cruise this summer.

With a large group, I would say 11 - 13. You are near a restroom and very few people down that way. Your whole group would have somewhat of a private island. You will only get enough food/ drinks for four people each cabana

The Cabanas were sold out for my May Destiny cruise last week but I noticed today that there is 1 available so people do cancel. I'm lucky. I booked mine when there were still 12 left so I'm good to go :D

If you book two, you will not be Ble to choose them until you get on board. And the best ones go fast. Five were gone before 12:00 on our Liberty cruise this summer.

With a large group, I would say 11 - 13. You are near a restroom and very few people down that way. Your whole group would have somewhat of a private island. You will only get enough food/ drinks for four people each cabana

We just did this on our January cruise, we both booked our cabana's online (two families traveling together/separate cabins and folios)- then I called and asked them to put us side by side and the furthest ones down......sure enough we had the last two side by side

We just did this on our January cruise, we both booked our cabana's online (two families traveling together/separate cabins and folios)- then I called and asked them to put us side by side and the furthest ones down......sure enough we had the last two side by side

What # did you call? I'm wondering if you can call before hand even for just one cabana. I'd hate to get to the boat early and have all the good ones gone from "phone calls"...

I don't understand how my cruise in eleven months (feb '13) isn't showing any cabanas available but mid summer sailings still have numerous??? Am i missing something? It would show on 'excursions' on the ccl website correct?:confused:

What # did you call? I'm wondering if you can call before hand even for just one cabana. I'd hate to get to the boat early and have all the good ones gone from "phone calls"...

I'm so sorry I did not save the number - I called my PVP and he gave me the number to shore excursions; I am sure if you called they would give you the number as well......I wish I had saved it :(

I'm so sorry I did not save the number - I called my PVP and he gave me the number to shore excursions; I am sure if you called they would give you the number as well......I wish I had saved it :(

I'll ask my PVP for the # when I email her this week. I'll try looking on their website, it could be there too. Thanks for the info.

Archived