First Princess Balcony

cruzmann

My wife and I are reserving a balcony cabin on the Golden princess and have heard that there are a lot of considerations that are unique to the Princess fleet.

We've sailed on Holland Am. and Celebrity but saw no real differences except for aft cabins. Give me a hint here. Are there problems with noise from the deck above? Privacy issues? Port or starboard? Golden Princess, Southern Caribbean.

Thanks, Cruzmann

Oceanic '91

Independence '93

Noordam '98

Constellation '02

Oosterdam '04

One major thing you will find different in your cabin on Princess is that the 'balcony cabins' do not include any type of sitting area. You would have to move up to a mini suite to have any type of sofa or love seat. Regular balcony cabins on Princess include your bed, one comfortable small chair and a desk chair or stool. Personally, I would do some pricing on minis, sometimes you can get one for just slightly more than a balcony cabin and they are well worth it for the extra space and larger bathroom with full sized bathtub shower combo.

Another concern you may want to note is the teired balcony system. Some decks stick out the side futher than others. I have made note that people on the Lido, Aloha and Baja decks can see into the baclonies for the Caribe deck. The Dolphin also sticks out the side of the Caribe. So there are no covers on some decks. Something to verify with your TA when booking if this is of concern.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong on my deck names. Look at my sig. It's been a while since being on the Grand! ;)

The Lido, Aloha, and Baja decks are fully covered and are around 4x9

The Caribe balconies 1/2 open and 1/2 covered and are 9x9

The Dolphin deck balconies are fully open to decks above, and are slightly smaller than Caribe balconies.

This info pertains to Grand class ships.

The Lido, Aloha, and Baja decks are fully covered and are around 4x9

The Caribe balconies 1/2 open and 1/2 covered and are 9x9

The Dolphin deck balconies are fully open to decks above, and are slightly smaller than Caribe balconies.

This info pertains to Grand class ships.

Wow the mini suites get screwed! Hehehe. I am on Caribe on Mar. 05/06 and my parents are in a mini on Dolphin. Guess the extra space is in the room.

Good info, thanks.;)

Archived