Made 3 Final pmts but only 1 confirmation?

Dizzneefan

I am handling the booking of our June 2 cruise for our family, my SIL and her daughters, and another for MIIL and FIL. Three cabins, three packages. When I booked I used my credit card and e-mail for the three individual packages.

Yesterday, I make the final payment for each of them again on my credit card and information and only received confirmation for our package. I looked online again and all packages are showing paid in full, but I'm just a little concerned as to why I only received the one confirmation for our package and not two others for the rest of the party.

Should I contact Carnival to confirm the cabins and final payment. I'm not one who likes any last minute surprises (who does) so I may be overly concerned but I was curious if this had happened to any of you.

I would contact them just for peace of mind. But if the phone rep seems confused or incompetent, try to get a higher up. They have hit-or-miss reps.

The Carnival website is notoriously mixed up, so anything your billing page displays from payments to OBC to prepaid gratuities may or may not be there -- usually everything is okay.

I always bring all receipts and paperwork related to prepaid travel on my trip. Credit card statements, confirmation emails, items received through the USPS, and boarding passes/paperwork/IDs and passports. It's all nicely organized in a notebook, and it makes a big difference if there are any irregularities at the airline ticket counter, hotel front desk, car rental service, and Carnival guest services desk.

I am handling the booking of our June 2 cruise for our family, my SIL and her daughters, and another for MIIL and FIL. Three cabins, three packages. When I booked I used my credit card and e-mail for the three individual packages.

Yesterday, I make the final payment for each of them again on my credit card and information and only received confirmation for our package. I looked online again and all packages are showing paid in full, but I'm just a little concerned as to why I only received the one confirmation for our package and not two others for the rest of the party.

Should I contact Carnival to confirm the cabins and final payment. I'm not one who likes any last minute surprises (who does) so I may be overly concerned but I was curious if this had happened to any of you.

Dizzneefan,

Each cabin will have a person listed as primary and if they are registered on Carnival.com they will get a confirmation. In our case we always book at least two cabins and frequently three; I get emails automatically for the one I'm booked in, DW gets one for hers and whichever of our sons is listed on the other booking will get an email. Like you I like confirmations so I always request one for each booking and keep them in my saved mail just in case...;)

I did plan on bringing the credit card statements and emails but will contact them anyway--just to be sure. It is the first cruise for my MIL and FiL and I want to avoid any hitches. They are already a little nervous and the recent bad press for the cruise industry has not helped!

Archived