MSC Splendida New Deck Plans? ..and old ones?

FatChump

OK, so I got us all up to speed on the MSC Splendida remodel in dry dock in March.

Does anyone have (or care to research) the difference in the deck plans? - Those before March 2012, and those after?

Apparently there were some changes somewhere around deck 7-9 forward.

Anybody have info? ...especially those of you who have sailed this week? What's provided on board?

Cheers,

Richard

I looked at the deck plans on the Msc website but I really wouldn't know the difference without being able to compare a before and after. Don't think it changed much though since they just added a few more cabins...no new public areas. I would assume that onboard they are giving out the updated version of the deck plans though.

I looked at the deck plans on the Msc website but I really wouldn't know the difference without being able to compare a before and after. Don't think it changed much though since they just added a few more cabins...no new public areas. I would assume that onboard they are giving out the updated version of the deck plans though.

Enjoy your cruise, Galeaden. With only 5 days to go, you must be really excited. Pls prepare yourself to give us a good review. We will also be travelling with young children. Take care, and enjoy!!!!!!!!

I will be taking pics and recording whatever I can so that I can give you a detailed review. I won't be using the child services because my daughter is only 2, I will be using the toddler areas and pool though and since I haven't found details or good pictures I will definetly post those. I don't think we'll be taking excursions as I said in a previous post so those are out too, if we take anything it will be with our own cruise tour guide. I will definetly review the food and take pics of the menus so that everyone can see (if I don't get too excited and forget to take them :p)

I am excited...i can't believe by this time next week we will be cruising. I haven't cruised in ten years and I loved it before. It's my partner's and my daughter's first cruise too so he's even more excited than me :) my daughter is too young to understand what a cruise is. I planned every last thing so we shouldn't hit too many speed bumps but we'll take it as it goes. A bit worried about the weather though, it looks like rain is predicted next week in italian ports.

Hi,

By Child services, I meant child menus, children's pools etc. My children are 4 and 1. Both will stay with me, since the 4 yr old doesnt like to be left with anyone apart from family. If you happen to go near the teen slide, could kindly check if it can be used by everyone including young children and adults, or just teens.

We will also not be going on any excursions. I am planning everything myself. We plan to visit Messina and Genova since we havent been there. We plan to stay in Civitavecchia itself and stroll to the Ramblas in Barcelona, since we have already been there. As for Tunis, we shall probably stay on the ship.

Enjoy yourselves and hope you get lucky with the weather. Better take a rain jacket just in case though!

Archived