Just booked our First Cruise

wb3690

Hello all!!! Just wanted to jump in and say hello! I just booked our first cruise yesterday actually. We are going on the Carnival Legend and will be cruising in December. I cannot WAIT! My husband has always kind of drug his heels a bit when he sees the price, but honestly I don't care! I've always wanted to go on a cruise and am really looking forward to taking this.

It will be our family (me, husband and 16 year old boy and 9 year old boy) We live in Florida and everyone here seems to cruise so why not?

I'll be reading alot until I get my self acclimated and then should start posting more.

Amy:)

Welcome to cruise critic and the world of cruising. Lot's of valuable info you can find.

Enjoy your first cruise. I'm sure you'll be hooked like everyone else.:)

Welcome to to the world of cruising! I think you'll love it. And believe it or not, I think your boys will have a fantastic time too. Many teen and preteen children have so much fun that they want nothing to do with Mom or Dad while aboard the ship.... Oh wait... it's that way at home too. :D

Anyway, let us know if you have any specific questions on itineraries, things to do or ship life in general. Have fun!

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising! Get your bearings, look around the boards, lots of info and advice to be found. These have been so helpful to me on each of my cruises, especially researching the ports and shore excursions.

Love the Legend - will be back on her for the second time this October :)

My partner and I are looking forward to our 1st cruise in May. We are sailing on board the Ventura, around the Med. Everyone says that we will be hooked on cruising after this. Just a bit disappointed that we will not be docking in Livorno on the 1at Sunday, - we had been researching and had averything arranged to attend Mass and now we won't be landing there till Monday :-(

Will have to look at trying to attend when we dock at Civitavecchia instead.

Welcome to CC and welcome to the world of cruising. We are about to go on our 2nd cruise (19 days but whose counting:D). I am "new" to posting on CC but in preperation for my 1st cruise, I read EVERYTHING there was to read on it and got the BEST ideas here.

My husband would not agree to go on a cruise until I said "I am going with you or without you". He was hooked after the first 2 minutes on the ship.

On the ship I kept thinking "I wish cruising was so affordabel when my kids were growing up, what a great family vaca it would have been".

Enjoy!

Actually it's funny because last night as we were eating dinner my husband said "I wish it was December!!" LOL. He's now very excited and was online looking at ports/excursions etc.

I cannot wait!!!!

Archived