Need help choosing in Nassau

MrsZee

I have been back and forth with what to do in Nassau for the day we are there. We will arrive at 7am and leave at 10pm. I'd like a nice safe beach and a pool to swim in. I have a 4 year old, so any places on that one beach that has the steep dropoff and the rough waves is not a good idea. I'd also like it to have good seafood and drinks that won't send you to bankruptcy.

Can you help?

I have been back and forth with what to do in Nassau for the day we are there. We will arrive at 7am and leave at 10pm. I'd like a nice safe beach and a pool to swim in. I have a 4 year old, so any places on that one beach that has the steep dropoff and the rough waves is not a good idea. I'd also like it to have good seafood and drinks that won't send you to bankruptcy.

Can you help?

I'm wanting suggestions too. My grandchildren are 3 and 6.

The sheraton has a zero entry pool which is great for the little ones.

Day pass is $25pp/ $12.50 from 5-12.. under 5 are free.

3 pools, great beach, patio bar and grill, restrooms, lifeguards and non-motorized water sports.

How do you go about getting a day pass?

We were just at the Hilton with our two little girls (7 & 9) last week and had a wonderful day. The beach was beautiful, very clean and very safe as the only access is through the hotel. We had purchased day passes through Island Marketing which included vouchers for food. The vouchers were adequate to cover lunch for all of us plus several soft drinks throughout the day. There are some earlier posts that have pictures attached so you can see what the property looks like. IMO you can't go wrong here!

We were just at the Hilton with our two little girls (7 & 9) last week and had a wonderful day. The beach was beautiful, very clean and very safe as the only access is through the hotel. We had purchased day passes through Island Marketing which included vouchers for food. The vouchers were adequate to cover lunch for all of us plus several soft drinks throughout the day. There are some earlier posts that have pictures attached so you can see what the property looks like. IMO you can't go wrong here!

Did you purchase when you got off the boat or in advance?

We walked right past the Straw Market on our way to the Hilton plus there were lots of shops along the street . We didn't have a lot of time so we only got to go into a few of them but there was lots of shopping within walking distance.

We purchased in advance through Island Marketing. They offered a Hilton day pass and then we added the snorkel trip onto it through them also. It worked out very well.

Oh great- I am on their website and I see they do offer Snorkel as an extra but I don't see a price; do you recall how much it was? Do they provide life jackets for those with weaker swimming skills? Thanks for any input!

Sorry...I forgot to answer the second part of your question. They had a flotation device that fit around the waist which actually worked a lot better than the life vests. We had brought our own snorkel vests with us but ended up using the ones provided by Blue Hole because they were so much easier to use and were less cumbersome than the vests.

How many people were on your excursion with blue hole? My best friend and I will be in Nassau and we are looking for snorkeling and have heard great things about them! We don't want to be on something super crowded but we really don't want to be the only ones either! Also, did they pick you up at the port or was it a far walk to get to them?

Lauren

We walked right past the Straw Market on our way to the Hilton plus there were lots of shops along the street . We didn't have a lot of time so we only got to go into a few of them but there was lots of shopping within walking distance.

perfect...thank you

It was just our family of 4 on the snorkeling excursion. It was a small boat that maybe could have held 6 or 8 but not more than that. Perhaps if you booked directly through Blue Hole you could request to not be only by yourselves? Just a thought.

Archived