Port of Baltimore

csk

are you on the Enchantment or the Pride? The EN docks by 7am (6:30 this am) and we were off and in the car by 8:30 (we did not do self-carry but were in the first group). The self-carry started about 7:20 (planned for 7:30).

The Pride docks at 9am - it was 9:45 before self carry started the last time we sailed (it has been one year). I would be more concerned with a 11:30 if the Pride has any issues

I agree, if you are on the Pride, forget it. Also, we didn't do the carry our own luggage thing off the Pride, and noticed that probably 3/4 of the ship did, and people were still carrying their own stuff off until just before noon. They were calling the carry off people by deck, but I read on here that people say they just went and got in line whenever they wanted and nobody questioned them when they left.

We were in the first few people who lined up after they started calling the luggage tags, and I happened to be able to notice the passenger count screen at the security station as people scanned off the ship. There were 2200 people off the ship when they scanned our cards, out of 2600 onboard and this was at noon.

Thanks everyone we are on the Enchanment, I booked the 11;30 one, Royal Caribbean suggests not before noon, but if we get off and just take a taxi, we should be ok.

We are THINKING about the Enchantment of the Seas... to Bermuda and found a 10:30 a.m. departure from airport on the return---the next non-stop flight to our destination is 3:25 p.m. (almost 5 hours later)...Any advice is welcome--we are early risers and planned on doing the "walk-off" with our luggage. This is our 8th cruise--but, we've never cruised out of Baltimore.

I have never cruised out of Baltimore and am thinking about the Eastern Carib. on Enchantment in Jan. or Feb. Has anyone ever cruised out of Baltimore in the winter? What are those first two days at sea like?

I have never cruised out of Baltimore and am thinking about the Eastern Carib. on Enchantment in Jan. or Feb. Has anyone ever cruised out of Baltimore in the winter? What are those first two days at sea like?

Can very a lot. In our case, first few days was Solarium pool time.

Chilly to blizzard...absolutely no way to predict. ;)

And your point is . . .? That crime occurs somewhere in Baltimore. That OP should be worried about getting to BWI? We used to live near DC, and visited Baltimore many times. We were there again in February. There are areas I'd avoid, but nothing of concern to OP. For OP, my biggest concern would be traffic, at least on a weekday. And, on any day, I'd ask myself what are the consequencesif I miss my flight-- ranging from a change fee (to get a later flight) to paying a higher fare to maybe having to spend the night if all flights that day are filled. But the video would not affect me at all.

It depends what day you are coming back. Week days you need to travel 2 major commuter highways which are very congested during rush hour. Also to consider what happens if the ship arrives late? I personally would take the afternoon flight

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

There never can be any guarantees or promises about what the seas will be like on any given day in any given part of the world. But FWIW, here's what we encountered the day after we departed Baltimore in December 2010, aboard the Mercury:

Archived