Opera/Ballet Tickets

Coolcruise02 -- My impression from various TripAdvisor postings is that except for the Mariinsky "White Nights" festival featuring world-class international superstars, July is -- as in most cities I'm familiar with -- the artistic/cultural "off-season" as far as the residents are concerned, although it's the height of the tourist season. (Living in the Washington, DC area, I sympathize with their desire to get out of town when the tourists descend.)

Again, though, I can only repeat what I've read. For reliable information from a number of kindly "local experts," including some actual local residents, do study the St. Petersburg "Forum" on TripAdvisor. For some reason, they seem not to frequent this forum (CruiseCritic), only TripAdvisor.

We just bought our tickets online directly at the Mariinsky Website as suggested by our tour company. We saved $128 per person! We paid $40 per ticket for the same exact ticket that the balletandopera ticket website sells for $168! I had trouble at first registering on the site, which you need to do to purchase tickets. I emailed them and they got right back to me with the login information:) The website is:

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill/...r=2012&month=6

We are seeing Final Graduation Performance of the Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet

You do not get the ticket emailed to you, only a confirmation. I had to put in the phone numbers of our tour company (using TJ travel). TJ said they will get them for us or they will have them delivered to them and not to worry.

• 1 month later...

We are in St. Petersburg on the 20th and the mariinsky and mikhailosky don't have a ballet on that night. There is Swan Lake showing in Alexandrinsky theatre and Swan Lake in the Rimsky-Korsakov state conservatory.

Does anyone know anything about either of these theatres and the companies performing there?

We are in St. Petersburg on the 20th and the mariinsky and mikhailosky don't have a ballet on that night. There is Swan Lake showing in Alexandrinsky theatre and Swan Lake in the Rimsky-Korsakov state conservatory.

Does anyone know anything about either of these theatres and the companies performing there?

20th of what month?

Archived