Forward or Aft? Think I made the wrong decision

wework2play

Thanks everyone. We will be on upper deck. I checked to see if we could move back but there is nothing left. Oh well. It won't stop us from having a good time, I just know I'm going to be kicking myself when I'm hauling a toddler all over and back and forth :p

we will be on the spa deck of conquest - all the balconies are in the forward section - I was also wondering if we would have regrets.

My DH just reminded me tonight that we swore we would never get an aft cabin. A long time ago, on a Royal Caribbean cruise, we went to visit his parents in an aft junior suite. The vibration and movement was horrible! I've seen some posts on here that people like that and it helps them sleep. NOT US! We didn't like it at all. We have also noticed the annoying vibration while in the aft dining rooms on Carnival. I wonder if all decks can feel that??

My DH just reminded me tonight that we swore we would never get an aft cabin. A long time ago, on a Royal Caribbean cruise, we went to visit his parents in an aft junior suite. The vibration and movement was horrible! I've seen some posts on here that people like that and it helps them sleep. NOT US! We didn't like it at all. We have also noticed the annoying vibration while in the aft dining rooms on Carnival. I wonder if all decks can feel that??

We always get rooms aft. We've even had 2 aft wraps. The only time you feel the vibrations is when you are pulling into port. It is not a constant vibration. We love the aft, but thinking we might want to try a forward balcony on the Lido or higher or maybe even the very front interior with the window facing the very front of the ship. We'll see!! We do love our balconies though.

Distance is really nothing but a good stroll ;-)

My 1st cruise was almost my last we had a window at the front of the ship. I did not like the up and down motion you get in the front. 2nd cruise was in mid/aft area MUCH better than I discovered the joy of aft balcony!

Personally, the only reason I wouldn't book forward, is for sea sickness reasons as I get motion sickness and the front of the ship is the worst place to be. I don't mind the walking since I'm doing so much eating :D.

I actually prefer a more forward cabin. My favorite spot would be halfway between the forward and midship elevators. Being forward makes it easy to get to the atrium and the theater. Plus, the forward elevators get off right underneath the waterslide. Being in the back put me closer to a few things, but further away from things I go to more.

We hit what some had considered rough seas on our Liberty cruise coming back to Miami from Grand Cayman. We decided to get a massage on forwad deck 11(?) and there were a few employees who worked on the spa deck that were seasick. I talked to one who said that getting the acupuncture helped. albeit for $150. I was kinda shocked that these people worked on a cruise ship, knowing that high up and forward, and are just now finding out they easily get sea sick?

Anyone can get seasick at any time even those who have never been sea sick before!

Den

Archived