Elation review 3-24 - with pictures!!

beachbum6264

Enjoying your review! We sailed the Elation and the same itinerary out of Mobile in August...and visited Nachi...in August so this is bringing up some great memories!

Looking forward to our August cruise even more now! Thanks! :p

Wednesday

Our last day – did you read the post about our first day at sea? Go back and read it again… you’ve got most of this day, too. My SIL and I went to the Future Cruise Certificate talk. Don’t waste your time, just go to the desk and buy one. She spent most of the time trying to talk everyone into getting a CCL credit card, very little time was actually spent on the FCC even though it was called a Future Cruise Travel talk.

We were all relaxing on the Serenity deck, as usual, when an announcement was made that all the aft decks needed to be cleared so a helicopter could come pick up a sick guest. What a sad way for someone’s vacation to end. Not sure where the helicopter came from, but it took a while for it to get there. Bless the crew of these amazing machines, and I hope their patient is fine. I took a couple of pictures of the helicopter when it got there, but not of them actually pulling the patient into the ‘copter.

2092723070059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

2729063610059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

We stayed up on deck as long as possible – putting off the inevitable – packing :( . We’re going to self disembark, so it’s easier and no time pressure.

The show on the last night was the Carnival Legends – always fun! Some people have a lot of musical talent – mine is that I can usually find a station on the radio (much easier now that I have XM in my car!!).

Thursday – disembarkation

I received a letter telling where to meet for Platinum disembarkation (guest services said my SIL and her mom could go with us, good thing since it’s SIL’s car and she has the keys!), so we headed to the Romeo and Juliette lounge at 7:30 – found coffee and pastries and a comfy place to wait. At 7:57 we left the lounge, went down the elevator, down a hallway, out a door, past all the folks standing behind the rope waiting to disembark, and right off the ship. I was through customs by 8:12. Easy. Platinum is good!!

We were sitting in Café Du Monde by 8:30!

2483826990059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

Then back on the road headed home. Another great Carnival cruise into the memory books.

For those wanting to know about Platinum gifts: I got the backpack:

2041660280059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

(also got the pin, it has Elation on it, not just Carnival as some have mentioned – didn’t take a picture, tho)

some great chocolate covered strawberries (they were wonderful, it’s my favorite treat, so I was happy!)

2748842740059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

Any one with questions I’d be glad to answer what I can. Would I go again? Heck YES, anyone need a tour guide?

Great review! I'm on the Elation in 5 days! Did you find the Serenity area crowded on sea days? I loved the Serenity on the Pride, but it did get crowded.

It wasn't too bad - we got there early and just stayed. There was usually an empty seat or 2 scattered around - although the 'front row' seats were always full.

Love the review and pics. We go in June. How far is Cafe Du Monde from the cruise terminal? I would like to go there when we get back also but have never been in the area. Did you have to drive there or was it walking distance?

Love the review and pics. We go in June. How far is Cafe Du Monde from the cruise terminal? I would like to go there when we get back also but have never been in the area. Did you have to drive there or was it walking distance?

It's about 1.5 miles from the port, not an easy area to walk when you leave the port itself. There are lots of parking areas down in the French Quarter.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great review! We are going on the Elation in November for our honeymoon. It's also our first cruise. We made reservations for Nachi as well. What time did you leave there to go shopping? Also, have you ever went into Merida while in Progresso? Some have said the shopping is better there. Once again, thanks for the review & your pics are great!

Thanks for the great review! We are going on the Elation in November for our honeymoon. It's also our first cruise. We made reservations for Nachi as well. What time did you leave there to go shopping? Also, have you ever went into Merida while in Progresso? Some have said the shopping is better there. Once again, thanks for the review & your pics are great!

Thanks! If my memory is correct we left Nachi around 2:30. They got us a cab in less than 5 minutes and we had more than an hour to shop.

I've never gone into Merida - we are always sidetracked by margaritas and $15 massages on the beach! Enjoy your cruise. I love the Elation, smaller, well kept, great crew.

• 3 months later...

Archived