When/How should we disembark?

Brudette

Leaving on the Liberty in a couple of weeks, and trying to figure out the timing for getting to the airport. (No, this is not a "can I make this flight?" thread).

Disembarking in Miami, flight out of Fort Lauderdale at 1:30. Already have a reservation with QLS to pick us up at POM at 9:00. Is that a good/reasonable pick up time or should I change it? Assuming the ship gets in at or before its scheduled arrival time of 8:00, when should we try to get off? The only other cruise we've done was on RCI, and we did self-disembarkation. I'm all for doing that again, as it was very easy, but will that leave us waiting at the airport for 5 hours? Should we take it easy and just disembark whenever they assign us to? How exactly does that work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

p.s. I know no one can predict what time the ship will get in, or what customs lines will be like, I'm just looking for general advice. :)

We are in the same situation next week. We are taking our time getting off, they will probably have to call our names. Eat relax no rush. We are going to do luggage express so all we will have to do is call S&S around 10 am.

Hopefully only about 2 or 3 hours in FLL.

Archived