Is anyone going on the 12/8/05 cruise?

dtwtraveler

Me too... I have had the trip planned for over a year!!!!!! Its a suprise trip for my hubbie for his 30th birthday and our honeymoon. I thought that i was only one who was counting down the days. Has anyone got a pre cruise hotel booked in new york, and has anyone stayed at the Warldorf Astoria?

I've never stayed at the Waldorf, but if you read the reviews on Trip Advisor (a website), you'll see that people's ratings are #101 out of 320 hotels. They mentioned shoddy rooms, bad service, etc. I read many of the reviews on Trip Advisor and found the Casablanca Hotel (Moroccan decor, of course) with an approval rating of #6 out of 320 hotels! It's a small boutique hotel a few hundred yards from Time Square. Some people even stayed there for two weeks and loved it. We reserved a King room for more $$ to have extra space. NY hotels are notoriously small! We can store extra pieces of luggage at the Reception area if we need more space in our room. The room includes a free continental breakfast, a happy hour 5-7 with FREE champagne, wine and cheese. The common sitting room has FREE chocolate chip cookies, espresso, fruit juice, etc. 24/7 with a working fireplace. Check out the photos on Trip Advisor. It looks very inviting and cozy. Many of the people said that the Italian restaurant nearby is really good with generous portions. If you stay there, we can share transportation to the ship.:)

I hope that everyone will sign the Roll Call, so that we can get together on the ship with people from Cruise Critic. It's such a neat idea! Someone on the Cruise Critic said that if you have a certain (?) number of people in a group, you can have a cocktail party on board!

I welcome emails at my email address for this trip: cwshops-caribbean@yahoo.com.

Cathie

Archived