Future Booking Credit Question

bjboothman

I've used future booking credits so I understand how they normally work, but I have a situation which is a little different.

I do not currently have any future booking credits to use. I would like to cruise in June 2006 and would like to book something as soon as schedules become available. I have a Princess cruised scheduled for December 2005. Can I book a cruise in the next several weeks for June 2006, pay the full regular deposit, buy a future booking credit in December (solely for the purpose of obtaining the onboard credit), and then applying that future booking to the June 2006 cruise (as I said, just to gain the onboard credit).

I suppose that if I cannot do that, it could be possible in December to cancel my reservation and rebook it using the newly acquired future booking - but would that depend on the price and availability in December, i.e. if I had chosen a specific cabin, might I lose it or have to pay more for the cabin?

I know this is a rather convoluted question, but if you are still with me ---- does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

My reason for booking now rather than waiting till December to book the June 2006 cruise is that I am celebrating a special event and want to be able to choose exactly what I want, including a specific cabin, etc. and don't want to wait until December to leave that to chance.

This will all depend on IF your TA will do this for you. It has been done for us before with the TA we use. We booked and then a few months later while cruising, booked a future cruise and when we returned home, she applied that future booking to our exisiting booking. We were able to get the OBC's and the deposit we had already paid went towards the final price. Check with your TA an see if it is possible.

Guest caribcruzin

Yes...this is possible. Have done it a few times. Just be sure to do the future booking as an open booking and then have your TA take care of it once you are home.

This will all depend on IF your TA will do this for you. It has been done for us before with the TA we use. We booked and then a few months later while cruising, booked a future cruise and when we returned home, she applied that future booking to our exisiting booking. We were able to get the OBC's and the deposit we had already paid went towards the final price. Check with your TA an see if it is possible.

This is exactly what my TA does also. I am almost positive we have the same TA just by reading previous posts.:D In fact i have done that many times.

marilyn

Archived