Who has been to Mazatlan?

danimal

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing the Pride, and I want to go to Stone Island in Mazatlan for the day to relax. I don't want to book an excursion, and just do it on my own. Has anyone done this? How easy is it to get to the Island on your own? Are the ships safe that take you over? Can you taxi it over? Any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

We did the stone island tour with an outside tour agency (can't remember who). I believe you can take a taxi to where the boats leave and they will take you. It was a nice ride over, very pretty. It was very relaxing on the beach. You will have fun on the Pride. It is gorgeous.

In March we walked out of the terminal, turned left at street, walked about 2 blocks until we saw the sign for the ferry, turned left again, paid our $1 for roundtrip, crossed the channel, walked straight ahead and saw the beach, the palapas, etc. Had a fabulous day swimming, sunning, eating lunch, etc. Easy to do on your own. I had my 81-year-old mother with me and she had no trouble with the walk.

Archived