Suggestions for changing people assigned to a room?

kbatschke

Since you have over 100 days left--call the agent to see waht they can do for you.

It can be done onboard... by exchanging keys you are giving up YOUR sign and sail purchasing power to another person. --- go to the pursers desk to ask for an extra set of cabin keys

I would highly suggest doing this ahead of time. We wanted to switch a bunch of people in the rooms for our Girls Only Cruise, and our TA told us to do it when we checked in. That turned out to be a big mistake. They would only switch us around if everyone involved was present and agreed to the switch. So we had to go round up 13 people and get them all at the Purser's Desk at the same time. We didn't manage to do this until the second day of the cruise (we switched keys as soon as possible after getting on board, so the bodies were in the correct room). We got yelled at by the Purser for not notifying them as soon as we made the switch (this lady was not the most pleasant I have seen). Then it still made problems when it was time for them to deliver our S&S stuff -- they put everyone's under the wrong door.

Bottom line -- get all this stuff taken care of before your trip and you won't have to worry about it ON your trip.

Make the switch before you get on the ship, if you can. If you're switching kids with adults, however, bear in mind that all the cruise lines require that an adult (meaning over 20, sometimes over 24) be booked in a room with a child (meaning under 18, sometimes under 21). They do this to ensure that there is a "responsible party" for each room. Once you are on the ship and you've given a credit card or cash as security for your charges, they will usually let you swap rooms. This can usually be done after dinner at the Purser's desk the first night or by the next morning. On the Carnival Glory, however, we weren't able to do it at all. Reason: some said computer problem, some said it couldn't be done at all.

We are sailing in Nov and about 2 weeks ago I had my PVP make a switch for us. I started to get nervous about the kids being booked by themselves so I put DH in one with 2 sons and me in the other with 1 son. She faxed me the confirmation and Carnival also mailed one to me. I would do it ahead of time if I were you. And get something in writing!

Jen

Archived