Carnival Celebration Bahamas Tender???

thegibsons

We are thinking of taking a family group on a cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Celebration in September. We will go on the one that goes to Freeport and Nassau. Do we have to tender in?? or do we dock.???

thanks

TheGibsons:cool:

I can't speak for the Celebration but I was just on the Fantasy and we docked in both Freeport and Nassau. Freeport's port was small but Nassau is pretty large. Both ports were fairly easy to get on and off the ship. Freeport gets a bad rap for it's port area because it is very industrial but there is a fairly new little market and ground transportation area which is nice.

I would imagine you would be docking at both ports unless there was a large number of ships in port that day.

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking of taking a family group on a cruise to the Bahamas on the Carnival Celebration in September. We will go on the one that goes to Freeport and Nassau. Do we have to tender in?? or do we dock.???

thanks

TheGibsons:cool:

Hey!

We were on the Celebration this past October to Key West and Nassau and we docked at both ports. Be sure to look at your pocket map of the ship given to you when you board so you can find the most foward bow deck. This is a small deck at the very front of the ship (accessed by the stairs from the Veranadah Deck) that "some" people find to watch pulling in and out of ports. It's a great spot, but you need to get up there early b/c it's limited in space. The Carnival photographers appear up there to snap pictures of you with the port in the backgroud. Have fun! It's a nice ship.

Archived