Coffee Drinker w/ questions?? on Conquest

hurtt789

Hello

I will be on the Conquest starting may 8th.

I am an admitted coffee addict. I usually drink 3 to 4 cups every morning. My question is How "good" is the coffee on the ship?? Where to get the coffee?? and how much is it??

Thanks

Greg

If you are a coffee guru you may not like the coffee onboard the ship. I , too drink 5-6 cups a day./ I am not picky so the coffee is fine. I suggest you take along a bigger insulated cup. The cups they give you onboard are very small. I have a 20 oz cup and it serves it purpose for me. I find that coffee tastes different from the lido deck to the dining room ...then there is room service. To me its all still drinkable. Other coffee at the coffee bar will cost you money. You can have a pot o r two delivered first thing in the morning--dont forget to speciafy condiments....sugar, creamers. etc etc

Room Service is free. Here is the menu for the 24 hour service. (a tip should be paid when service is rendered since you may not get the same server twice. 2 bucks is what we tip for a pot of coffee, sugar, cream, bagels, cream cheese and juice in the morning.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/114576414/114576414PfSdSF

and here is the breakfast hang tag that you put out the night before you if want breakfast that way

http://community.webshots.com/photo/162078574/162078574FOyrfy

to view full size... click on (view full size and it will expand.

Also pack baggies- the night before you go home--have room service deliver you some good sandwiches to eat on the plane ride home. Brownies are to die for. take a small soft sided cooler--one that holds 12 cans-- it packs a nice lunch neatly. could be used in the cabin during the week instead of the refrigerator.

I'm a big coffee drinker also, probably 5 to 8 cups per day. While the coffee isn't as good as what I make at home (nothing ever is), the coffee in the dining room and room service are usually fine for the week. Avoid the coffee at the buffet, as a matter of fact, avoid the buffet all week. I'm not keen on the taking an insulated mug along, just another thing to pack and I really like my coffee out of a ceramic cup or mug, plastic just seems to take a lot away from a good cup of coffee.

I'm a light packer and avoid packing any items that the ship automatically provides for you.

Have a great cruise!

We were just on the Carnival Glory, and the quality of coffee was very uneven. In the dining room it was good, not great, but in the machines in the buffet it ranged from poor to awful. There was a huge difference in strength from one machine to another.

Thanks

for the info. I usually grind beans and brew a dark roast at home, and I realize that it will be the "regular" stuff on the ship. It sounds like I should hit the restaurant for coffee, and not the buffet. Is it cool to zip in and out of the restaurant for just coffee?

Thanks

Greg

Archived