Miami Tri-Rail

kelkel2

Was doing some research on transportation from FLL to Downtown Miami, where we will be staying the night before our cruise. Does anyone have experience with the tri-rail? I think it said it can take you from FLL to downtown miami, unless I read that wrong. Can anyone confirm? If it does take you to downtown Miami does anyone know how far it would leave us from Holiday Inn port of miami?

Here's a link to the tri-rail web site: http://www.tri-rail.com/

Your trip will involve a shuttle from FLL to the train and will end in Miami out near (but not at) the MIA airport -- a taxi from there to your downtown hotel will cost you about $25. :(

You are better off using one of the shuttle serivces for about $15+ per person to get from FLL to the Holiday Inn POM. Good luck! :)

Sometime this month, the Metrorail Airport Link will open. This would mean for the balance of 2012 in theory you would take Tri-Rail to the Tri-Rail Metrorail stop, then transfer to Metrorail Orange Line to Government Center and finally a transfer to Metromover, the automated people mover that circulates downtown to College station. That station is less than a block from the HI downtown.

Obviously since its not open yet, I can't recommend it. I don't know if I would want to lug luggage through those transfers. Also, the Metrorail goes through some not so nice neighborhoods. I believe the Orange Line would bypass those, but until it goes online I am just guessing.

Yogi

Archived