Booking Sapphire tomorrow for Alaska 2013-Cabin?

missdenise

We have been on several cruise but never to Alaska and never on Princess.

We will be doing a cruisetour and because of the cost will need to get a balcony cabin instead of a suite or even a mini-suite.

I was looking at Aloha, Baja or Caribe decks. Probably more forward instead of center or aft. We will be going after the restructuring of the deck categories, BE is likely.

Any suggestions on which deck or cabin. Thanks a bunch! This will be a once in a lifetime trip so I want to do it right.

We have been on several cruise but never to Alaska and never on Princess.

We will be doing a cruisetour and because of the cost will need to get a balcony cabin instead of a suite or even a mini-suite.

I was looking at Aloha, Baja or Caribe decks. Probably more forward instead of center or aft. We will be going after the restructuring of the deck categories, BE is likely.

Any suggestions on which deck or cabin. Thanks a bunch! This will be a once in a lifetime trip so I want to do it right.

Most folks here will advise you to get a Caribe deck balcony. Those are larger and are half-covered and half-exposed, offering the best of both worlds.

Booking this far in advance, I would book a Guarantee.(BG) We did that for our upcoming Med cruise and so far have been upgraded to a BA which we switched for a BD of our choice and a large price reduction.

On top of that the new rating system has our BD cabin at a BB level.

It is on the Baja deck just forward of midship.

That aside, having a balcony cabin with other cabins above and below is the best when it comes to noise level IMHO.

As has been said, Caribe deck balconies are much larger and are half-covered, half-uncovered and are much preferred over other balcony decks. The extra balcony space makes the cabin feel bigger and coming from suite and mini-suites, that'll make a difference to you.

Booking this far in advance, I would book a Guarantee.(BG) We did that for our upcoming Med cruise and so far have been upgraded to a BA which we switched for a BD of our choice and a large price reduction.

On top of that the new rating system has our BD cabin at a BB level.

It is on the Baja deck just forward of midship.

That aside, having a balcony cabin with other cabins above and below is the best when it comes to noise level IMHO.

I usually do book a guarantee but we are going with another couple and do not want to be on opposite ends of the ship.

Cabins above and cabins below - good advice, never really though of that.

As has been said, Caribe deck balconies are much larger and are half-covered, half-uncovered and are much preferred over other balcony decks. The extra balcony space makes the cabin feel bigger and coming from suite and mini-suites, that'll make a difference to you.

Thanks, Pam.... figured you could give some good advice on this. Then we will book on the Caribe deck.

Archived