Great Stirrup Cay Shopping

Savaann

We did buy a plastic bucket and shovel on GSC in March for $6. So would be cheaper to bring with you, but it's the hassle of carrying it. The best thing we did remember to bring is the kids' life jackets which gave them independence while swimming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would suggest bringing your own. I was there 2 weeks ago and unless I am blind... I didn't see them.

Buckets take up no space and you can put clothes inside them within the suitcase. You will have several stops to use the bucket at so splurge a buck at the dollar store and save the other $5.00 for a Corona whilst on the island LOL.

Once you are done your cruise, if you don't want to drag the bucket home, find a local kid on the last beach and hand the pail and shovel over.

Voila!

P.S. just remind your little one's not to try to bring fish or crabs as stowaways back on the ship.... been there done that LOL.

Thanks for all of your responses! I tried to bring sand toys on our last cruise but they were broken before we even unpacked our bags (and we didn't fly). I think this time I'll carry them on with me!

Sylvia

Not sure the age of your child/children. But something you might consider is a collapsable bowl instead of a bucket. They now make less expensive ones that I have seen at dollar or 2 stores here and they probably have some U.S. side as well.

I can't remember whether I seen them in the pet area (dog food dishes) or in the camping stuff, but I have seen them. Easy to pack and light weight. And easy to tote even at home to your local park with sand boxes.

I'm seriously a person that never uses things for the purpose they were invented but find new uses.

Archived