Sharks And Rays?

thefog

Hi, don't know if this will help but here is another thread about stingrays.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42721

I personally was petrified when we went because they stormed us looking for food when we got into the water. But after about 10 minutes I was fine. I even helped hold one in the end. I think kids will feed their fear from other people if someone else starts freaking out. I bet if they see you are not afraid they will feel safe.

We used Coral Breeze Limited in Belize for their shark/ray/snorkel excursion. Reserved ahead of time over the internet. The company is based in Maryland, uses its own local tour operators and boats. We were treated very well and got our money's worth. If you have a group of 6 or more you get one free. For the 6 of us it came to about $55 a person. You can get more info on Coral Breezes on their website and also on the Ports of Call board on this site. The nurse sharks and rays are very gentle and do not bite. They just suck in their food (hence the term "nurse" sharks). It's an awesome experience to swim with these creatures. Just follow directions and you'll have a lot of fun with them.

I gotta tell you I hated the sting rays in Grand Cayman. They swarmed the ladder of the boat. They just kept knocking me off my feet. It's not something I would ever do again.

sls

I gotta tell you I hated the sting rays in Grand Cayman. They swarmed the ladder of the boat. They just kept knocking me off my feet. It's not something I would ever do again.

sls

I am so sorry you had that experience. I loved swimming with the stingrays in Belize and am really looking forward to doing the same next week in the Grand Caymans. Were you able to get in the water with them? Did things sort of calm down after a while or did you just get back in the boat?

Archived