Guys Burgers

billh360

LOL...or the bacon patty....or the donkey sauce....or the chili....or the bourbon and brown sugar bbq sauce! :eek:

Yep - plain jane for me! ;) :D

I wont try one NO WAY (until its staring at me and I cant resist)

;)

It says that Guy's Burgers was established in 1968. Is that really possible? Doing the math that would have been 44 years ago when it was established.

Did Guy do that when he was still in diapers or is he really well over 50 now? Assuming when he was a teenager at 16, that would make him 60 years old now. :rolleyes:

Maybe a member of the family set it up for him. Anyone know?

Don't forget that there is a fixin' bar behind you after they hand you your choice of Guys burger. I didn't even know if was there until the 2nd to the last day when I saw my husband had mushrooms and I was like "WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?!?"

It says that Guy's Burgers was established in 1968. Is that really possible? Doing the math that would have been 44 years ago when it was established.

Did Guy do that when he was still in diapers or is he really well over 50 now? Assuming when he was a teenager at 16, that would make him 60 years old now. :rolleyes:

He was born in 68. His bio says he opened his first restaurant in '96, without any culinary training. There's no mention of a "Guys Burger".

Must look further.

Is it possible you are confusing Guys with Five Guys, which started in 1986?

The burgers are much better than Five Guys and there is no comparison on the fries, IMHO. Guys fries are delicoius.

I went with 3 girlfriends and everyday for lunch we split the Guy's burger 4 ways just for a taste. It was worth every calorie:p

Well they do have a famous cook associated with it. Guess that counts. :)

What kind of cook skips culinary school? :p

I only know him from something DW used to watch, "Minute to win it".

Now, what's that recipe for hamburger again? :D

Now I'm really confused.

Is it possible there's no such thing as a Guy's Burger Joint on land? The only one that exists is on the Liberty?

True, I believe!

I heard him talking about it on a Food Network show - he has other established restaurants. But the "burger joint " is just a Carnival deal....I am pretty sure!

True, I believe!

I heard him talking about it on a Food Network show - he has other established restaurants. But the "burger joint " is just a Carnival deal....I am pretty sure!

Thanks for the info.

All this burger talk will have me visiting the local Five Guys today! :)

Thanks for the info.

All this burger talk will have me visiting the local Five Guys today! :)

One down the street from me, gonna get one before I head over to the BBQ cookoff this weekend. I know after this weekend I will not be eating BBQ for a month or so.:D

What kind of cook skips culinary school? :p

I only know him from something DW used to watch, "Minute to win it".

Now, what's that recipe for hamburger again? :D

The kind who's good enough - without formal training - to win "The Next Food Network Star"....I guess ;)

Where did this 1800 calorie number come from?

In order to achieve the same at McDonalds you would need to eat: 1) 1-Angus Bacon and Cheese 2) 1-Quarter Pounder with cheese 3) 1-Large Fries. All 3 together come to 1800 calories.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf

EXACTLY!!

I have only seen the "1800" in blog posts - early on when Guys first appeared. Someone said "up to 1800 each" and now I think it's stuck. :eek: :o :rolleyes:

I think I read the 1800 burger is the one made out of bacon and cheese.

Oh...I feel sure you could get one to 1800 with the cheese, bacon patty, chili, donkey sauce and bourbon with brown sugar bbq sauce. :eek:

But - it is amazing that the "burgers" in general have gotten this crazy number attached to them. Cuz - I just don't think its true! :cool:

Oh...I feel sure you could get one to 1800 with the cheese, bacon patty, chili, donkey sauce and bourbon with brown sugar bbq sauce. :eek:

But - it is amazing that the "burgers" in general have gotten this crazy number attached to them. Cuz - I just don't think its true! :cool:

Put the right stuff on them and apparently you can get there.

Why anyone would want to is another story.

Archived