*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

WELCOME, HATCHED4!!!!! :D Glad to have you with our group!

Dave - sorry about your credit card, what a pain! Glad no charges were allowed to be made.

Rick - thanks for the heads up about the worm.

Heidi, thanks for reminding me to get a flu shot. I have a check up at my doctor's office Thursday anyway, so i can just get it then.

We've had to use our furnace for a while now. It's been an unseasonably cold and wet fall here.

a warning to everyone on Facebook. The chinese have placed a worm in several home computers called Koopface that will when needed take control of your computer to link with other compromized computers to create a Super Computer. This worm got into our computer by cancelling the firewall. You really, really need to check to see if you have this worm. Go to msconfig then type in tree and you can see if it exists on your harddrive. It cost me $69.99m to get it removed and now I am going to be very careful about facebook or other social media outlets. I also have a new firewall both on the computers as well as the home network. This is serious stuff and not some crazy wacko email!!! Take care cruising buddies.

In doing a search for "koopface" nothing seemed to come up in snopes or wiki but this is what info did come up:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/koobface.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koobface

I may have mispelled Koobface and made it koopface but ther service I use for regular check-ups on my computer is the one that found it on my harddrive. I would more than pleased if indeed this it a thing of the past!!!

I was only giving additional info regarding your issue and about the worm/virus you were dealing with. I apologize if you took offense to my post as my intent was to inform and not to come across as a smart***.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

No offense taken....I had it and wanted to warn others. I'm still in shock that the Chinese would want my computer for their grand scheme! When we went to the tree it identified the Chinese as the hackers.....

Hello Cupids....

I want to let you know that we had made our final payment and that we are all aboard!!:D

I have one question..on this ship I saw a Guy's hamburgers and a sushi bar and and Jimmy's BBQ's..are there up charges for these resturaunts?

David....:D

Guys and BBQ - no extra charge

Sushi - yes

Also the bbq is only open on sea days and weather permitting. When we sailed this Jan. it was closed due to wind one day and rain another. When open it gets really crowded.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Looks like several Cupids signed up for FTTF. It's going to be awhile before I'm Platinum so this a great purchase. I hope Bettie was able to contact her friend Ann that is also on this cruise. She and her husband sailed with us on the Carnival Spirit cruise.

David, another David's cruise. Yippee!

Yes!!! We have Marathon Dave, Cruisin Dave, Chicago Dave, & Rancher Dave, now all we need is Just Another Dave. Are Dave & Alise booked? I'll send her a Facebook message.

Got our flu shots yesterday & my doctor cut a skin tag off my back that's been bugging me. It didn't hurt when he did it, but after the deadener wrote off it was kind of sore. Feels better today - a little tender, but not bad.

It will be nice to have the perks of FTTF, especially being able to go right to the cabin when we board so we do don't have to schlep around our carry on luggage.

WOW!!! Am I glad I finally dug out my passports and actually LOOKED at them!!!! I thought our passports expire January 2014....but they don't expire until January 2016! I guess I assumed that since our first cruise (and first trip outside of the U.S.) was in 2004; that was when we got our passports. Since that cruise only went to Mexico, we must not have needed a passport then. It was the NEXT cruise in 2006 (where we met Heidi & Dave and other Cruise Critic peeps for the first time) that we got a passport.

So, we DON'T have to renew our passport before the cruise! :D:cool:

How do you apply for FTTF? What does it cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

David, it's like booking an excursion through Carnival and it's 49.95. Just sign into your Carnival account and look at the excursions for Miami, first day. There was still a few left this morning.

Edited by Cruisin Dave

WOW!!! Am I glad I finally dug out my passports and actually LOOKED at them!!!! I thought our passports expire January 2014....but they don't expire until January 2016! I guess I assumed that since our first cruise (and first trip outside of the U.S.) was in 2004; that was when we got our passports. Since that cruise only went to Mexico, we must not have needed a passport then. It was the NEXT cruise in 2006 (where we met Heidi & Dave and other Cruise Critic peeps for the first time) that we got a passport.

So, we DON'T have to renew our passport before the cruise! :D:cool:

Sue, sure glad you don't need to do that this year. I've heard that passports are being delayed because of the shut down. Our passports also expire in 2016. We got them the year we went to London. Would like to go back one of these days.

Dave, if you haven't yet, go to the Carnival site and log on to manage my cruise. Go to plan activities - shore excursion - Miami - Faster to the fun.

It is $49 per cabin - not per person.

Earlier today there were only 5 left. They only sell so many per cruise. This is the second time they have been offered and I have read here on CC they only offer 15 each time. The number offered depends on how many platinum and diamond cruisers are on each sailing. We must not have to many if they opened up this for a second time.

Frank and I have FTTF. :D

Oops - just noticed - Dave beat me to it. I hope you can get one if you are interested!

Edited by AKB10

Dave, if you haven't yet, go to the Carnival site and log on to manage my cruise. Go to plan activities - shore excursion - Miami - Faster to the fun.

It is $49 per cabin - not per person.

Earlier today there were only 5 left. They only sell so many per cruise. This is the second time they have been offered and I have read here on CC they only offer 15 each time. The number offered depends on how many platinum and diamond cruisers are on each sailing. We must not have to many if they opened up this for a second time.

Frank and I have FTTF. :D

Oops - just noticed - Dave beat me to it. I hope you can get one if you are interested!

Kathy, we must have been typing at the same time. I hope David is able to get FTTF. It sure sounds convenient. I have all the excursions booked except something to do after we get back to Miami. Our flight isn't until 3:30. That would be a long wait at the airport.

Dave

Four left at 8:40 PM central time tonight.

Dave (Just another Dave) and Alise are booked! So the 5 original Dave's are booked and I'm not sure but we may have at least one other Newpid who's name is Dave. I think that once final payments are made I will get a list of everyone booked. First names only though, I think. Is that correct, Dave C.

Four left at 8:40 PM central time tonight.

Dave (Just another Dave) and Alise are booked! So the 5 original Dave's are booked and I'm not sure but we may have at least one other Newpid who's name is Dave. I think that once final payments are made I will get a list of everyone booked. First names only though, I think. Is that correct, Dave C.

Heidi, that is correct. The list is only first names. I was wondering, is Budbo, Rich and Sue, sailing with us.Would be great to see them, too. I check their signature and the cruise wasn't listed.

Dave

Heidi, that is correct. The list is only first names. I was wondering, is Budbo, Rich and Sue, sailing with us.Would be great to see them, too. I check their signature and the cruise wasn't listed.

Dave

I have been in touch with Sue and I believe she told me that they would not be able to make it...

David..

I was wondering, is Budbo, Rich and Sue, sailing with us.Would be great to see them, too. I check their signature and the cruise wasn't listed.

Dave

I have been in touch with Sue and I believe she told me that they would not be able to make it...

David..

Yes, they will be missed. they always book kind of lat minute though so who knows. Maybe they will still join us. Last time i talked to sue they were still considering it but that was a while ago so maybe things have changed.

There were still 3 FTTF's left at 7:30 AM central time this morning.

We're going to a funeral for one of Dave's co workers this morning.

Have a good weekend.

YAY! The Five Daves, reunited!! Sure hope Rich & Sue can make it. They are lots of fun. I know they always book last minute.

Big game for our #2 Duckies today vs #16 Washington Huskies, our sworn enemies! GameDay on ESPN is being broadcast from Seattle, where the game is. We've beat them nine years in a row, so we'd like to make it an even decade! Go Ducks!