*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

My goodness, we are soooooo quiet right now. Where did everyone go??

I have a good excuse, I was in Door County.

I just got home about 7:30 this evening. On Monday we met up with Renee for lunch and since she had the whole day off we went shopping together after lunch. That was the only time we saw her but the rest of the trip was very nice. Today we accidentally missed the turn off to go home and before we even realized it I noticed that we were driving right past the cheese shop where Renee works so we stopped in to say hi but unfortunately she had gone home early because she was sick. I feel like I am getting sick too but so far I don't feel too bad. She is still booked on the cruise but she isn't sure if if she's going to be able to go. It's going to depend on how a few things go between now and final payment.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Welllll I guess we will have to accept your excuse since it's Door County but why oh why didn't you take your laptop with you so you could contact us? (I actually got a message like that from my former employer.....so I retired early!)

Heidi, glad you had a good trip. Hope you don't get sick!

My cousin, who is 3 months younger than me, is on her way here from Michigan with her parents, who are in their mid 80's. They started driving Monday. She will take them to my aunt's house 100 miles from here, and then come back and stay with us for about a week. Her mom and my mom are sisters, and they are meeting up at their other sister's house. Her mom is terrified of flying, so that's why they are driving out.

My cousin lost her husband a few months ago after a 10 year battle with cancer. I'm really glad she is coming to spend time with us because I don't get to see her very often. She is going with us to our Duck game Saturday, and is very excited about it.

We leave tomorrow for Eugene, and the Ducks play Tennessee Saturday. Can't wait to spend time with Lily, the kiddos, my cousin Lucy, and Dave of course!! Should be a fun weekend.

Welllll I guess we will have to accept your excuse since it's Door County but why oh why didn't you take your laptop with you so you could contact us? (I actually got a message like that from my former employer.....so I retired early!)

I did take my computer with me but I never took it out of the bag. LOL

Good afternoon Cupids,

Hope everyone is having a great Friday. Bettie picked up new hearing aids this week. She has been deaf in one ear but not has the ability to hear from both sides. The new bluetooth technology has enabled them to make an ear piece that picks up sound on one side and transmit it to the other side without wires. She didn't want wires and now she can hear.

Also, has anyone signed up for the FTTF, Faster to the Fun. It's sold out so I'm out of luck. We have priority boarding but will have to wait on our luggage. Sure wanted to try it out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Dave

Hello Cupids....

Adrianne and I will be on the NCL Breakaway on Sunday leaving for Bermuda!! Also Gail is also traveling with us who is a part of this group. It looks like to be a lot of fun!!:D. I will have pictures on facebook when we return. I will say thank God that we are traveling this week than last week with all the storms in the Bermuda area...

David...

Hello Cupids....

Adrianne and I will be on the NCL Breakaway on Sunday leaving for Bermuda!! Also Gail is also traveling with us who is a part of this group. It looks like to be a lot of fun!!:D. I will have pictures on facebook when we return. I will say thank God that we are traveling this week than last week with all the storms in the Bermuda area...

David...

Bon voyage! have a great trip.

Good afternoon!

It's starting to feel like fall around here. Up until about 2 days ago it was still warm but then the temps dropped. It's rainy today.

I know I mentioned that I thought I was getting a cold earlier in the week. Well, Thursday I felt pretty good but my voice was horrible. I still went to work since i felt fine. Well, one of the managers was got mad at me when he heard my voice. He said I should have called in sick so after only one hour of work I went home, even though I felt fine. Well, the cold never even materialized. It was either just a very, very mild cold or it could have been sinus or allergies that just made my voice hoarse. So basically, it was really just a little laryngitis. I have to work at 3;30 today but my voice is fine now.

Have a good day.:)

Good afternoon Cupids,

I had a doctors appointment this morning with my dermatologist. She is real pleased with the results I'm having on the new drug for my psoriasis. Tomorrow I have to have a blood test and an x-ray. More wasted time.

David, hope you are having a great time.

Heidi, hope you are feeling better.

Work starts in a little bit.

Dave

Haven't been on in a while, just checking in. :D

We have been busy with work and everyday stuff.

I can not wait for the cruise to get here!!! So ready for a good vacation.

I have been looking at flights, but Frank hates to fly, so we are thinking about driving. :( It is about a 24 hour drive. Our youngest son moved to Mississippi about 2 months ago. If he is still there that will be our stop over each way. I love road trips, but this will be the furthest we will have driven. I think the trip home will be the worse part of it and worrying about the weather and road conditions.

The hotels in Miami have only gone up since we made our reservations. I will probably still try Price-line as it gets closer, but I doubt I will get anything cheaper than the reservation we already have at the Spring Hill Suites.

I need to now make sure we have the $ for final payment coming up in about 6 weeks.

Like I said earlier, looking forward to this cruise!!!

Good Evening!

I had a fun day today! I had a mammogram, a bone density scan and a back Xray! Just how I wanted to spend my day off. ;) At least I got it all over with on the same day at the same facility. I was prepared to spend a good part of the day there but I was in and out in 1 1/2 hours so not too bad.

We are hoping to have a garage sale this weekend. We have lots of crap to get rid of and so do the kids.

Kathy - good to hear from you again.

Have a good night. :)

Howdy Cupids,

Heidi, I know how you feel. I had labs yesterday before going to work. First was a blood test then an x-ray. Two places to sit and wait. Luckily I had my iPad and watched Deadwood.

Finally booked my excursions. I'm rady for the fun to begin.

Kathy, great hearing from you.

Dave

Heidi, I must have mis-read your post. For a minute there I was thinking you were going to try to sell the kids at a garage sale! Surely having them home isn't that bad....is it?

Haha! Yes, there are days I would like to sell them. I enjoy having them around most of the time but other times...

Had a fantastic visit with my cousin, and she is on her way back to Michigan now. We had a very fun weekend in Eugene with the Kiddos. The game was fun and Ducks won big.

Pretty quiet here right now. Dave has been working on getting the bed/box of his ranch pickup, which is a 1971 Chevy, switched. The old bed was so rotten, I don't know how it didn't collapse when anything was put in the back of the pickup! You can literally see through pretty big holes to the ground below. It wasn't noticeable because he had a rubber bedliner in it. He found a box months ago, but just now got it put on. "Old Red" (as we call it) looks pretty good again! At least it has a solid bed now!

We need to work the cows soon, give the calves a shot and worm the cows. Then we will be cutting the pivot hay in a week or so. It's growing right along. Then we'll be into feeding hay before much longer. The drought here has made the pasture very dry and short. Normally we wouldn't have to feed hay until towards the end of November, but we are running out of pasture quickly so it will be much sooner this year.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Got my first excursion booked. We are doing the Altos de Chavon & River Boat tour in La Romana.

I wanted to do the Historical Homes, Town & Museum tour in Grand Turk, but it isn't offered on the day we are there. I don't think it's sold out, because a horseback riding tour shows being sold out, but is still listed on the excursion list. Oh well, we might just hang out at the beach and pool near the port and maybe take in Margaritaville or go to Jack's Shack.

Curacao, I want to do a sunset tour. Need to figure out which one. I know Heidi & Dave wanted to do that also.

Aruba has a nice beach called Eagle Beach. The Kukoo Kunuku tour thru Carnival gets mixed reviews. Then there is the Sonny Binns tour. Still pondering.

I'm also deciding if we want to do the Everglades tour after the cruise, with the transfer to FLL. That gets mixed reviews also.

Heidi, Dave ~ didn't you guys do that tour after the Freedom cruise? What did you think of it? We have a late flight.

After the Freedom cruise, I was sicker than a dog so we just went to the airport and hung out there for a long, long time. We did go to lunch with Heidi & Dave in another terminal and ran into several of our fellow Cupids there.

Sue, Bettie and I did the Everglades tour after the Freedom along with Chris and Michelle. It's a way to kill some time. I think we will take the South Beach tour. We did this after our Valor cruise and had a nice lunch and a good mojito.

Glad you had a good time with your cousin.

We have the same excursion booked and have booked a Cabana to share with Kathy and Frank. Only one person has to book the cabana then share with up to four people.

Good Morning!

We had a busy weekend. We had a garage sale. got rid of quite a bit of stuff and made a little money. Most of the rest of the stuff will get donated.

I booked the Altos de Chavon excursion and I I just booked the Sunset cruise on Curacao as well. I really just called to ask them if they could see how many openings there were in the excursion and unfortunately she couldn't see that so I just went ahead and booked. So I suggest anyone who is interested should book ASAP! You will receive an instant confirmation via email from Shoretrips confirming your request and then I another one a couple of days later confirming that there was space on excursion and that your credit card has been charged. If there is no space left on the excursion then they will not charge your credit card and you will receive an email saying that the excursion was full. Once booked, if you just change your mind about it, then the cancellation policy is up to 11 days before the excursion. Here's the link to it

http://www.shoretrips.com/excursion/ship-5250920-cur-075451/carnival-breeze-2-15-2014/curacao-netherland-antilles/sunset-sail

Edited by HeidiHo

I forgot to mention that she also said that if the ship doesn't make port, then refunds would be automatic but she said it doesn't hurt to call once you get home just to make sure. No need to make calls from the ship, however. As I recall, one of the agents in my office was telling me just a few weeks ago that she had clients booked on excursions through Shoretrips when the Celebrity Millenium had propulsion problems in Alaska and cancelled ports. By the time her client got home and called her, the refunds had already been issued. No on had to do a thing.

Anther thing I should have mentioned is that Shoretrips is an excellent excursion company the we use at the travel agency. They are very dependable. We would not be using them if they weren't. I feel very comfortable booking with them. Of course, I can't give you a 100% guaranty that there couldn't be problems but I do know that shoretrips has checked out all of their tour operators personally and I'm sure that if they start having issues with any of them they would be dropped.

Booked the sunset cruise in Curacao through shoretrips. Thanks, Heidi! Hopefully we are early enough that there are still openings.

Has turned cool here, and a bit rainy. We want to cut hay on Thursday, so for once we do not want rain! Supposed to dry up by mid week though.

Jacks Shack sounds like a great party place. Since we are arriving early and leaving early I'm not sure how much partying will be going on. FYI, I've seen a coupon for Jacks on the Ship Mate app.

Jack's Shack is right down the beach from the ship. I have been watching youtube videos, and I must say I saw lots of partying. The water is sooooo clear there!!!

There is a coupon on Jack Shacks website - but we will have to wait til the coming year to print it out and use it as the one they have on the website now expires end of year.