*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Morning!

Winter is back here. Yesterday it was in the 40's and then started raining in the late afternoon. It got colder and turned to snow around 10:00 last night. We didn't have much snow at all but this morning it is only 18 degrees which wouldn't be so bad except that it's terribly windy. What little snow we have is blowing sideways. I nearly froze just running down the driveway to get the newspaper. I wouldn't even go out today if I didn't have to but I work both jobs today. All in all it has been a pretty mild winter but I am so ready for spring.

Have a great day. :)

WELCOME, JEFF!! :D We love meeting new friends! Even if you didn't book as part of the official group, you are most welcome to post here and join in with any of our activities onboard. We will do a couple of meet-n-greets on the ship and lots of informal gatherings like cocktails in the Atrium lounge each night. Some of us go on excursions together. It's lots of fun! Please do come and post here often!

Many of you probably saw my post on Facebook yesterday about saving a calf's life. I took a different route for my walk than usual, and found this heifer calf who was stuck in a headgate in a ditch. The poor thing must have been there since we weaned last Tuesday! :( The only thing that saved her was that there was some water for her to drink, and the weather was pretty mild. She didn't have room to lay down, so her back feet were a little swollen but other than that, she's fine. We got her out and put her in with the heifer calves behind the barn and she went straight to the hay rack and stuck her head in and started eating. Thank goodness I decided to walk that way yesterday! She was 1/2 mile from the house, but you couldn't see her until you got right up beside her.

Well, poop. It snowed here last night. Just a dusting, but after our beautiful weather last week, it's a downer. Oh well, I guess it is still February, so I shouldn't be shocked. I'm with you, Heidi, ready for spring!

Thanks Heidi!

Hi Jeff, Welcome...we've been chatting for almost half a year now so feel free to jump in on the chatter at will.

Thanks Flick! I've been reading through the thread... Look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Howdy Jeff,

Welcome to the Cupids. I'm Dave and my DW is Bettie. We are from Texas but I was raised in VA. I've spent quite a bit of time on the OBX and my brother has a place down there.

Dave

Hi Dave and thank you for the welcome! OBX is on the other side of our gorgeous state, been awhile since I have been there, very nice area. I'm in the western part of NC, the mountains and love it.

Very excited for this trip! The way that time passes these days it will be here before we know it.

Just return back form the Dream, it was great....really looking forward to the Breeze, loving the decor a lot better than the Dream.

Jeff, we were posting at the same time this morning, so my post was above yours. Wanted to make sure you saw my welcome. :D

WELCOME, JEFF!! :D We love meeting new friends! Even if you didn't book as part of the official group, you are most welcome to post here and join in with any of our activities onboard. We will do a couple of meet-n-greets on the ship and lots of informal gatherings like cocktails in the Atrium lounge each night. Some of us go on excursions together. It's lots of fun! Please do come and post here often!

We have friends from Zion on their way down to Paradise. I expect they are burning up the highway to get here....supposed to be in the low to middle 80s by the weekend and continuing on thru next week. It was 36 here Sunday night! Now in the low 70s. We do not allow winter.........

Jeff, we were posting at the same time this morning, so my post was above yours. Wanted to make sure you saw my welcome. :D

Thanks, momofzeke!

This will be a great way to make the time go by. :)

Jeff - Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on this cruise. You are so right, time does go by fast and this cruise will be here before you know it.

Tomorrow is my granddaughter's 11th b-day. It seems like just yesterday she was turning 1. I will be seeing her tomorrow but not celebrating her b-day. She is in her school's play The Music Man. This should make for a nice evening.

Donna

Good Afternoon.

We are preparing for a snow storm here. Actually, the Chicago area is supposed is supposed to only get a glancing blow from it. they have forecast 3"-5" which isn't too bad. It hasn't started yet but is supposed to start tonight. I don't have to go anywhere until tomorrow afternoon so hopefully everything will be OK by then. We haven't had much snow at all this winter. At least it's not as cold as it was a couple of days ago.

Have a good night. :)

Howdy Cupids,

We escapde any winter stuff. We had rain yesterday and again this morning but now it's sunny and warm.

I'm packed and ready to go. Bettie is still packing. Guess she will be ready when we leave for the airport at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to the trip down the river from New Orleans.

Dave

Just wanted to say we Loved the Carnival Breeze. It is our favorite ship out of all the ones we have sailed. We were going to book it while on the cruise but couldnt decide. We are really thinking of booking this one for next year. Who is handling the group Cruise? Is it Erin? I know they were offering a certificate on the cruise but had to book on the cruise. I talked my brother and his wife about 90% to come with us too. They wanted to go the week before but since our Anniversary falls this week, I am leaning more to this one. Colors are so pretty. So easy to get along. We loved the Cucina Del Capitano restaurant for dinner & lunch. Best Chicken Parm I have ever had. We are looking for balconies too.

Howdy Cupids,

We escapde any winter stuff. We had rain yesterday and again this morning but now it's sunny and warm.

I'm packed and ready to go. Bettie is still packing. Guess she will be ready when we leave for the airport at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to the trip down the river from New Orleans.

Dave

Have a safe trip and a great cruise.

We'll be heading down to Galveston on Saturday for our Magic cruise. We'll be one day behind you so leave us some fun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say we Loved the Carnival Breeze.

Colors are so pretty. So easy to get along. We loved the Cucina Del Capitano restaurant for dinner & lunch. Best Chicken Parm I have ever had. We are looking for balconies too.

I couldn't agree with you more. The Breeze is a very lovely ship. The color scheme is very soothing. The chicken parm was the size of the oblong plate, and with side of spaghetti, it is enough to feed 2.

Last night I went to my granddaughter's drama club performance of The Music Man. It was a condensed version since it only lasted a little over an hour, but these 4-5th graders did an amazing job singing and dancing.

We have a winter storm advisory that has been posted for tomorrow morning till early afternoon. Not sure why they posted it since the end of the advisory says accumulation of an inch. Yesterday morning we got lake effect snow that wasn't even predicted, ended getting several inches. Go figure -- it's a fine job, you get paid whether you get it right or not.

Dave and Bettie -- enjoy your cruise and your time spent in New Orleans. I got to spend 1 day in N.O. before one of our cruises and we never left Pat O'Briens. Those hurricanes are a killer.

Hope everyone is having a good evening, Donna

Have a safe trip and a great cruise.

We'll be heading down to Galveston on Saturday for our Magic cruise. We'll be one day behind you so leave us some fun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a safe and fun trip. May your generators continue to run. LOL :D I try to keep from using up all the fun. We have been looking forward to this cruise for months. Last year was not a good year.

Dave

WE did the Magic last Feb out of Galveston. It was a nice ship. It is our 2nd favorite ship. Our breeze is our first. They do have the Cucina del Capitano too. Make sure you have lunch and dinner. We loved Galveston. We stayed at San Luis Resort. Nice place.

ooulio ~ yes, Erin at CruCon is our group cruise T.A. I hope your family decides to book and cruise with us!

Dave ~ & Bettie ~ have a great cruise!!

I thought it was interesting to read an article that Cruise Critic posted on their Facebook page which was a review from a passenger that was ON the Triumph. This lady said it was not as bad as some reports were trying to make it. She said it was like camping, some inconvenience at times, but that there was always plenty of food. She said the people having the problems with water and waste in their cabins were the ones who were using their toilet even though they were all told NOT to use them even once. She said there were lines for things like hamburgers & hot dogs, but if you wanted fruit, vegies & sandwiches there were hardly any lines.

Dave welded some metal bars on top of the headgate that the calf got stuck in so that won't happen again. Calf is doing fine. I'm so glad I found her!

Good Morning!

We ended up getting about 3"-4" of snow. It fell during the night and roads are already cleared and look fine. I'll be going out around 1:00.

I read that review of the Triumph too. I'm sure conditions weren't great but the media painted a horrific picture that was probably highly exaggerated. They made it sound as if there were feces and urine on the walls and floor EVERYWHERE. In reality it was probably just in a couple of spots where toilets overflowed.

I just bought tickets this morning for March Madness at Illinois State University. It actually has nothing to do with basketball, like you might think. It's a charity dance competition that all the sororities and fraternities participate in. All the parents come and it's a fun night. This will be Staci's last one since she is graduating in May. The tickets are on Ticket Master and I can't believe how much they get you in fees when you buy from them. The actual tickets are only $12.00 each and I bought 2 but the entire order came to $41.35. :eek: We probably could have saved money by having Staci buy them directly from the ticket window at ISU but she would have had to be there right when they opened at 10:00 this morning because they sell out real fast. It was better to just buy them on line.

Dave - I hope you and Bettie have a great cruise. I'm jealous but I have to remind myself that I DID just go on a cruise last month.

Esther - I hope you guys will book with us.

Have a great weekend. :)

Dave, have a great cruise!!!

You too Ed.

Frank and I spent last week in Branson Missouri. It was a nice get away, not to far from home (about a 5 hour drive). I have been to Branson area a few times, but never really cared for the town it self - always crowded and bumper to bumper traffic. However this year I fell in Love with Branson. There is hardly anyone there this time of year. No traffic at all. We did go to one show, but there was only about 150 people in the audience. The performers still gave it there all. We went to a winery, drove around the area and did a little shopping. It was a good get away.

It snowed here Wed and Thur (mostly sleet on Thur). It is mostly all melted now. Suppose to get some flurries tomorrow morning.

Have a good weekend!!!

Ed - have a great cruise.

Looks like I have a very busy week ahead of me. Between the 2 jobs I don't have a full day off until NEXT Saturday. That's because I picked up an extra shift tomorrow and I got scheduled for one more shift than I usually do next week at the OG.

As you lay in the hospital from exhaustion Heidi you get to think about what all you are going to do with the money. You know what....it's only money, try to get some rest. Kay took a BIG step yesterday and bought a laptop for herself. Now she can play secretary not only atr the Lodge but also at home in her "free Time"!

We got a little snow last night, just enough to make the ground white. Guess Old Man Winter's not quite done with us just yet!

I keep thinking about our cruise last year, since it was exactly a year ago that we were on the Freedom for Cupids 3! Remembering good times! Of course, since I was sick as a dog on the last day of the cruise, that is a memory I would rather forget. :rolleyes:

Heidi ~ don't work too hard! That dance competition sounds like fun. Hard to believe Staci is almost done with college!

Kathy ~ Branson sounds like a fun place to go, glad you & Frank had a great time.

Rick ~ keep enjoying that sunshine, lucky bum!