*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

heidi I am so confused with this group rate, I booked under a cat D, is it too late to join the group, would I get the OBC or keep what I have and just chat. I do not want to change my room, so thats not an option.

Gail

Gail - I'm still a little confused too but it looks like the only balcony category that can get the $100.00 OBC is the 8A with the upgrade to 8C but i suggest you call Erin and ask.

Wow! I never thought that this would be the last Group cruise that is sponsored by CC. Guess all other cruises will be M&Ms and Carnival has the worst ones. The M&Ms sponsored by RCL is a 100% better.

Heidi, glad you are finally getting some type of spring. We will be close to 80 this weekend but will drop back into the 60s next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Dave

Does anyone have any cruise booked to help get them through until February? I am going on splender in July, I need it so bad, its been a rough year for my family, I was booked on the Dream for a back to back this past February and four days before I was to leave my mom passed away, and my 14 year old nephew has been in the hospital since October, ( he just came home last week) diagnosed with lukemia, and now he has heart damage from the chemo, the same time that I should have gone on my trip he was in ICU so none of it was good timing for us. i did have insurance so I am still waiting to hear if it got approved or not, I keep thinking that there could have been a loop hole or something , so they wil not pay me. Its been a month since i sent them all my paper work, so it should be coming soon. In time to pay the next one .

have a great weekend

Gail

Edited by keene state mom

Does anyone have any cruise booked to help get them through until February? I am going on splender in July, I need it so bad, its been a rough year for my family, I was booked on the Dream for a back to back this past February and four days before I was to leave my mom passed away, and my 14 year old nephew has been in the hospital since October, ( he just came home last week) diagnosed with lukemia, and now he has heart damage from the chemo, the same time that I should have gone on my trip he was in ICU so none of it was good timing for us. i did have insurance so I am still waiting to hear if it got approved or not, I keep thinking that there could have been a loop hole or something , so they wil not pay me. Its been a month since i sent them all my paper work, so it should be coming soon. In time to pay the next one .

have a great weekend

Gail

Good morning!

Gail - I'm so sorry about your mom. We went through the same thing 2 1/2 years ago when my mom died. She passed away 3 days before we were supposed to go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico. Thankfully we had insurance too and got everything back. We were able to reschedule for a few months later. I pray that your nephew goes into remission.

We don't have a cruise booked before February but it's possible we might do one sometime in the Fall. It will be on Princess if we go. I did just book 2 nights in Door County, Wisconsin for September. I'll be going there with a good friend. We take an annual shopping trip somewhere every year. Renee (Walkswife) lives in Door County so I'll get to see her. For those of you not familiar with Door County it's the penninsula on the east side of the state and all the cute little towns are full of unique shops and other things to do. It's probably about a 5 hour drive from where we live outside of Chicago.

Finally, a whole day off for me. I haven't had one since last Saturday. We don't have any plans but maybe we'll go out to dinner tonight. I really need to do some house cleaning but that probably won't happen because my back is still sore. It has improved though.

Have a good day. :)

We have a short one booked for October on the, dare I say, Triumph. That is of course if she's not beset by locusts, frogs or some other plague before then.:eek:

That's also around the time our DD's second baby is due so we may end up in Illinois instead. We have until August to cancel with no penalty so we'll wait and see.

Heidi, I'm sorry about your co-worker! That's very disturbing, if it's true.

Gail, sorry for the loss of your mom & also for your nephew's troubles.

No "tweener" cruise for us either.

High winds here today. They are predicting gusts up to 60 mph. So far, I've seen 35 mph on our wind gauge, but the wind usually picks up later in the day. After today, it's supposed to die down. I hope so!! We need that well to be finished, & there's no way they can work in this wind.

Right after I posted, the wind really started howling, & is now pretty steady 40-50 mph with gusts of 55. I think we'd better batten down the hatches! It's going to be an ugly day!

Edited by momofzeke

Good Morning!

We had our first spring thunderstorm last night. It made me kind of sad because the first thing I did when I heard the thunder was glance around looking for Patch (our kitty that we had to have put down) because she was afraid of thunder. It took a couple of seconds before I remembered that she was gone. :( She wasn't always afraid of thunder. Only in the last year or so which makes me think that maybe her hearing was going and thunder didn't sound the same anymore so it scared her.

It's supposed to be up in the low 60's for the next couple of days. Spring has finally arrived. We are starting to see just a hint of green. I realized yesterday though when I was driving home from the store that some people are going to have to do major work on their lawns this year because last summers drought actually killed a lot of grass. That will not come back. They will have to re seen or put in sod. Dave watered ours do it's OK except for right along the curb at the street to about a foot back. That didn't get enough water and died. I suppose when he watered he didn't want the water to hit the street because that would be a waste but not enough went all the way to the curb. That section of grass often dies in the winter too because it gets too much salt for the salt trucks.

I'm working today at 3:30. We are going to start getting really busy on Sundays. We always are anyway but spring is worse because first we have confirmations and 1st communions. Then in May and early June we have Mother's Day and graduations. I really hate when we are busy with lots of large parties. I don't mind being busy, I just hate the large parties because they are complicated. Valentines Day and Mothers Day are the 2 busiest days of the year. If I only had to work one of them and I got to pick, I would definitely pick Valentines Day. the wait would still be long but it's just a lot easier to seat parties of two than it is to seat the huge parties that come in on Mothers Day.

I had a funny thing happen at work last week. There is this guy who has just recently started coming in regularly. He comes in alone, sits at the bar and eats bread sticks and drinks. I never really paid attention to him until last week I saw him leave with a full glass of beer and not come back. :eek: I don't think he drives so it's not that big of a deal but still, it's illegal in Illinois to walk down the street with alcohol plus, taking a glass is stealing. Then one of the servers told me he also plays this game where walks away from the bar and either goes to the bathroom or outside to smoke. He takes his drink with him and finishes it and then comes back to the bar and claims that he left his drink on the bar and that the bartender took it and dumped so now they have to replace it for free. He actually did come back later that night because he forgot his debit card. He was confronted about the beer but of course he denied it and it's his word against ours. :rolleyes:

Have a great day. :)

Heidi, it takes all kinds of people. We have the same rule at the Lodge about removing drinks from the building but every so often someone tries to go outside to smoke and take their drink with them.

Yesterday was a BIG RED LETTER DAY for US. We finished having the portraits taken for our new church photo directory. This is the fourth one we have worked on in 16 years and hopefully the last one we will do. One of the calls to our house came from a lady demanding her "free portrait". Turned out she was a visitor for 10 days from up North, was not a parishner at our church but had overheard her hostess talking to someone else about free portraits being taken at the church.(They get a directory and an 8x10 free or a $25.00 coupon towards another package (wallets, 5 x7s etc.)We've been doing this since Feb but the number of calls this past week because "time slipped away" was staggering.Of course all the appointments were gone........We also must be a Parish of klutzes because of the number of people who fell and had to have their appointments changed. Seems every last one of them fell right on their face. Imagine that! People...either you got to love them or eat them.....

Edited by Flick

Ugh! Woke up to SNOW this morning. Not a ton, but maybe an inch or two. TOO MUCH for April!!

Heidi ~ that's so unbelievable about that guy coming in and stealing drinks. Now that you know about it, will a manager be watching him if he comes in? Crazy!

Heidi ~ that's so unbelievable about that guy coming in and stealing drinks. Now that you know about it, will a manager be watching him if he comes in? Crazy!

Good Morning!

Sue - I'm sure he will be watched but if he's not actually seen doing something then it's his word against ours. I have learned that in the restaurant business (at least in corporate owned chain restaurants), the customer is always right. People know how to work the system to get free stuff. Just complain on your way out that the service was bad and you'll get a gift card. Complain that you didn't like the lasagna after you've eaten most of it and it will be taken off your bill. Since I am usually right up in the front by the front doors and right next to the bar, from now on I will watch him very closely when he goes out to smoke or to leave but theres only so much I can do. It's not really my job to confront people anyway. That should be a manger. We do wear radios so I can quickly call a manager if I see something but sometimes by the time the manager gets up there it's too late. That is what happened when the guy left with the beer the other night. I used the radio to tell the manager but he was on the phone at the time and by the time he got up front the guy was long gone. If I actually see someone walking outside with a drink in their had I will tell them they can't take the drink out but if they try to hide it like the guy did last week (he covered it with his coat), then I won't say anything. Some of these people are real wackos and I don't want to set someone off. Apparently this guy drinks a lot while he's at the bar. If he is drunk and I accuse him of taking a beer, who knows what he might do. That's why we have managers and why they make more money than I do. LOL

It is sooooo windy here today but at least it's warm. The whole house is rattling though. It even scared the cat. She was sitting on the window sill, looking out when a huge gust of wind rattled the window so bad she jumped down and ran away. For some reason there is a tree trimming truck parked in front of our next door neighbors house today. I'm not sure where they are working but I'd hate to be doing their job today.

Have a great day. :)

Good afternoon Cupids,

Heidi, it's windy here, too. We expect storms late Tuesday night then cooler temps. We could have a low of 39 Thursday morning. Guess Sue's cold weather is blowing in.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Dave

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on for a while, its been an odd couple of months. My Mom has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and is having trouble walking with one foot completely numb and the other one partially numb. Based on the lesions they found on her brain and spine during the MRI's, they think she's had it for at least 30 years, she apparently just never had a big enough "flare" for anything to happen. We're still waiting to see if it is currently active or not, we're having trouble with the doctor's office not getting paperwork done, so I'm going to find a different neurologist for her. She's fine, just really frustrated that she can't get around like she's used to and she sometimes has a hard time concentrating, too.

Chris has been good, he hurt his hip in January and ended up in the hospital overnight because of his blood thinners and blood loss, but it cleared up without any troubles and he's back to playing his basketball three days a week.

I ended up with a roommate, a friend of mine who has been having trouble where she was, not sure how long she'll be staying with me, but since she loves to cook and clean, I have no complaints! :D We actually both ended up with bronchitis week before last, my only thought was that I was glad it came early enough to be over it before we leave for Alaska!

We leave in a little less than 3 weeks for our Alaska cruise. Normally we do the Caribbean in February, with or without the Cupids, but Alaska is something we've always wanted to do and this year worked out well for it. We'll be doing the first cruise of the season, so we get to see Glacier Bay and we're starting in Vancouver, so we're spending the weekend there to start.

Its funny that everyone was asking about extra cruises before the Breeze, Chris actually just booked us on a second cruise for this year. He called me on Saturday and asked how I felt about New Orleans and the exotic western Caribbean for September! Other than being concerned about hurricanes, I had no problem with it, so that's what we're doing. Its actually the same cruise we had to cancel a few years ago, we'll be going to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize, so we're quite looking forward to it.

My roommate and parents think its hilarious, they asked when I'd ever actually be home! We'll be gone for 12 days for the Alaska cruise, its an 8 day that goes from Monday to Tuesday, plus we added the weekend prior in Vancouver. Then we go to Vegas in June to see Jeff Dunham. And, now, we're adding a week in September on the Conquest. We've actually cruised on the Conquest before, it'll be our first repeat ship, but last time we had the Cupid's around to keep us amused, we'll be on our own this time.

Speaking of Vancouver, has anyone traveled in Canada, cruising or not, that can tell me whether its worth having Canadian money instead of US dollars? The exchange rate is pretty much equal, we're just wondering if we should have Canadian money for taxis, tips, etc. Please let me know, if you have any suggestions.

Be well!

Hi Michelle,

I remember that Conquest cruise with you and Chris. It was allot of fun. Have a great time on the Alaska cruise and the Nawlins cruise.

We expect major storms tonight and a drop in temos. Today it is close to 80 and tomorrow we may not get out of the 40s.:( Spring?

Could be worst. Denver had snow.

Dave

I went to Vancouver a couple years ago. I did not change my money over. Had no problem at all. I had flown into Seattle and we drove to Vancouver with my family. It is very pretty. If you are that close to Seattle, it is a beautiful place.

Hi Michelle,

I remember that Conquest cruise with you and Chris. It was allot of fun. Have a great time on the Alaska cruise and the Nawlins cruise.

We expect major storms tonight and a drop in temos. Today it is close to 80 and tomorrow we may not get out of the 40s.:( Spring?

Could be worst. Denver had snow.

Dave

Dave, I appreciate your offer to send your weather to us here on the beach (you were offering it weren't you?) but if you don't mind you can keep it in Texas!!!! We are expecting maybe a 20% chance of showers but otherwise our weather is starting to warm up quite nicely, thank you....

Dave, I appreciate your offer to send your weather to us here on the beach (you were offering it weren't you?) but if you don't mind you can keep it in Texas!!!! We are expecting maybe a 20% chance of showers but otherwise our weather is starting to warm up quite nicely, thank you....

Not offering to send this weather to anyone. It may have hail and a threat of tornados tonight. We need the rain but the rest of the stuff and stay away.

Dave

Good morning!

It's really cold, rainy and just plain nasty here today. I've been hearing rumors of snow but I haven't been paying much attention to the weather forecast.

I work the lunch shift today but not much else is going on. It's good day to just stay indoors.

Have a good day.

Good morning Cupids,

Heidi, we had the rain and cold weather yesterday. Now it's sunny but still cold.

I took last night off from work. Bettie and I went to a concert in Big D. We heard Judy Collins. She was great. Just hate the drive to Dallas. There is always some accident or road on truncation that causes a delay in both directions.

Have a great day

Dave

We shipped our calves yesterday and it went very smoothly. They loaded well and it was a sunny, mild morning. 2 of the truck drivers are our neighbors, and the other 2 are locals also, and they all helped with the loading which makes it go a lot faster and easier. Not all cattle truck drivers will do that, so we like to get these local boys when we can! We sent out 352 calves and 6 cows on 4 trucks....and they were loaded to the gills.

The calves will sell at a feeder sale on Monday, and then be shipped to grass somewhere. Last year, the steers went all the way to Iowa....36 hours on the truck. Dave told the owner of the auction where the calves will be sold NOT to sell to that guy again. That is too long for cattle to be on a truck without a break, and actually it's illegal as hell. They are supposed to be let off the truck for water and food and a break after 12 hours. We didn't realize until the day the trucks came to get them last year where they were going, and we weren't too happy about it, but at that point we had already sold them.

Michelle ~ wow, 2 cruises in a year!! Dave and I go on a cruise every 2 years and that seem enough for us, but I know lots of people like to cruise every year or even more often. Enjoy Alaska! Hope you get to see lots of cool wildlife, and don't freeze ya buns off! :D

Dave ~ glad you enjoyed the concert! Judy Collins...haven't heard that name in a long time. I'll bet she was good, I liked her songs back in the day.

Heidi ~ hope the snow stays away.

We are leaving today to go to Bend and see the kids and go car shopping. We are not actually shopping so much as just driving and looking. We want to drive a Jeep and look at the Durango again, maybe drive it. Then we will drive a GMC Acadia and a Cadillac SRX, both are medium sized SUV's. Once we figure out which type and brand of SUV we want, then Dave can find the one we want to buy. He's looking at several in the Portland area, a couple in Medford, 1 here in town and who knows where else. We just need to sit in all of them and drive them and figure out which one is the most comfortable for us.

I really don't enjoy shopping that much, especially car shopping. But we get to see the kids, so that makes it so much better.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Good Morning!

I looked outside just a little while ago and saw snowflakes flying. :mad: It's barely snowing but every now and then I see a flake and it's only 36 degrees. I sure wish spring would get here.

Dave and I went to dinner last night at a new place called The Saddle Room. It's a nice restaurant and bar but their claim to fame is they have off track betting. We didn't do any betting on the horses though. We just went there to eat. I wasn't really crazy about the food though and it was expensive. I liked the restaurant though. Right in the middle there was a huge wood burning fire pit with a sitting area around it so if you just wanted to have drinks with friends that would be a great spot and they have an outdoor area with a huge fireplace too. The had the fire out there going but it was cold and rainy so no one was out there.

Today is my day off. All I have planned is grocery shopping.

Have a good weekend. :)

This posting is new to me. I am not sure of what I am doing, but It will give it my best shot!! This is our 5th cruise, 1st with Carnival. We are really looking forward to this cruise. It will be our Anniversity Cruise, 34-years on Februbary 16, 2014. I am looking forward to meeting you all here, and then on the ship.:):)