Charging for Breakfast room Service

GEORGET

Just seen on another site that Costa in Europe are chargng 5 Euro's per person for Breakfast room service.

Hope this is wrong but other Lines usually follow.

As Costa also have a Compulary Service charge instead of Gratuities it makes you wonder how they justify it?

Carnival /Costa have to find new ways to squeeze more out of its Passegers.

If they are not careful they will kill the goose

Cannot wait for the next idea they come up with.

Maybe

They may charge extra for making the beds next.

Soap

towels

shows

• 4 months later...
since your cruise is over, were you charged for breakfast

you do realize the service charge goes to the crew, NOT costa. did you find the service satisfactory?

Yes there is now a 10 euro cabin charge for breakfast and Charges during the day.

As a Pearl Gold i do realise where the charges go , but unless you put Excellent on the Cruise Questionare they may not recieve the full amount.

Yes there is now a 10 euro cabin charge for breakfast and Charges during the day.

As a Pearl Gold i do realise where the charges go , but unless you put Excellent on the Cruise Questionare they may not recieve the full amount.

the part in red is absolutely false. 100% goes to the crew members it was intended for. where do you come up with this stuff?

the part in red is absolutely false. 100% goes to the crew members it was intended for. where do you come up with this stuff?

Maybe because i talk to the staff and cruise a lot on Costa

Pearl gold if you know what that is

100% goes to the crew members it was intended for. where do you come up with this stuff?

So thats why they ask you to put excellent on the form in the Main dinning room and Cabin staff.

Christ they where displaying banners in the MDR to make the point.

If a Member of staff does not obtain the top tick he can be penalised, if there are complaints he can lose his job.

Soon they are replacing the bar service staff earnings from tips to a fixed rate, now there an incentive to work hard.....

I hope the smoking policy does not change as this is the reason we use them but usual have a balcony or suite.

The recent cruise was poor compared to the last one , you name it, it went wrong.

Great staff poor management.

g

Hello and welcome back! Just to confirm that the charge is 5 Euro per person. We have a some members of our group that are on as singles so I am just figuring out the budget. Also, it is the same old continental breakfast that they used to offer for free? Hard bun, cereal, juice, coffee, espresso, cap, etc. How much was the room service the rest of the day?

Thanks!

Rob

Hello and welcome back! Just to confirm that the charge is 5 Euro per person. We have a some members of our group that are on as singles so I am just figuring out the budget. Also, it is the same old continental breakfast that they used to offer for free? Hard bun, cereal, juice, coffee, espresso, cap, etc. How much was the room service the rest of the day?

Thanks!

Rob

The Charge is

5 euro PP per cabin and is very similar to the Suite Menu.

They have added

Eggs Benedict, Crab cake benedict, smoked salmon, 2 egg omelette, pancakes, french toast, fresh squeezed orange juice, beef steak and fruit plates.

The charge is the same if you only want coffee 7am to 10am.

Never used it during the day and could not get a straight answer from reception.

The buns are still hard.

Can reccommend the extra drinks package. this can be purchased on board.

g

The Charge is

They have added

Eggs Benedict, Crab cake benedict, smoked salmon, 2 egg omelette, pancakes, french toast, fresh squeezed orange juice, beef steak and fruit plates.

Never used it during the day and could not get a straight answer from reception.

The buns are still hard.

g

the price seems reasonable. i especially like that eggs bene are available.

Maybe because i talk to the staff and cruise a lot on Costa

Pearl gold if you know what that is

100% goes to the crew members it was intended for. where do you come up with this stuff?

So thats why they ask you to put excellent on the form in the Main dinning room and Cabin staff.

Christ they where displaying banners in the MDR to make the point.

If a Member of staff does not obtain the top tick he can be penalised, if there are complaints he can lose his job.

Soon they are replacing the bar service staff earnings from tips to a fixed rate, now there an incentive to work hard.....

I hope the smoking policy does not change as this is the reason we use them but usual have a balcony or suite.

The recent cruise was poor compared to the last one , you name it, it went wrong.

Great staff poor management.

g

on every line i have sailed with, pleas are made for an excellant rating. i only give them when justified. i use names of crew (good and bad) when filling out my comment cards.

costa is ISO9001 certified with one of the measures being that gratuities collected are properly distributed. with all the forums available, if this was not happening, we would know about it.

i do believe if a crew member gets too many justified and verifiable complaints, they should be fired. almost all the staff i have ever dealt with are very hard-working, however.

The Charge is

They have added

The buns are still hard.

g

Thanks for the breakdown. The price does seem reasonable for what is being offered however I wish there was a "coffee only" option as that is what I usually crave early in the morning. At least I now know where my Shareholder credit will be going since I already booked the All Inclusive drink package.

4 more weeks to go!

Rob

Thanks for the breakdown. The price does seem reasonable for what is being offered however I wish there was a "coffee only" option as that is what I usually crave early in the morning. At least I now know where my Shareholder credit will be going since I already booked the All Inclusive drink package.

4 more weeks to go!

Rob

Just had a reply from Costa Italy saying that all other room service is 2 euros, so might be worth checking onboard at reception if you only want coffee in the morning.

Drinks package is the star, if it is like the Mediterranea in the MDR there will be a bottle of wine and two botles of water waiting for you after you have told the waiter the first night.

You can also ask for more wine and the PASQUA house wine is drinkable.

If you are friendly with the bar staff they will let you have cans of soda as well as drinks of course to take back to your cabin.....Hope you have a good cruise. g

Just had a reply from Costa Italy saying that all other room service is 2 euros, so might be worth checking onboard at reception if you only want coffee in the morning.

Drinks package is the star, if it is like the Mediterranea in the MDR there will be a bottle of wine and two botles of water waiting for you after you have told the waiter the first night.

You can also ask for more wine and the PASQUA house wine is drinkable.

If you are friendly with the bar staff they will let you have cans of soda as well as drinks of course to take back to your cabin.....Hope you have a good cruise. g

Thank you for sharing the information. I will give the 2 Euro coffee a shot one morning and see how it goes. We plan on seeing what a few well placed Euros can do do for us with the bartender. It has worked wonders in the past....

Rob

Archived