Anchorage to Seward Options

tonyt

It is Seward. By road Anchorage/Seward is 3 hours. I am also on this sailing. If an option, I would start your flying several days prior. You have given yourself little if any option for delays or cancelation with your flights. And also no time in Alaska for any touring. At the least Seward is worth time for sightseeing.

Thanks, but I don't have that option. I'm lucky to get respite for my disabled Daughter for the time I'm taking the trip.

We've only been on one cruise-the Med. I'm just hoping+praying that everything goes to plan with no delays.

You mentioned that you would be going to PWS/Whittier the next day.

The most scenic part of the ride between Anchorage and Seward is the ride along the Turnagain Arm. At Portage the trains split off - the Whittier train goes "left" and the Seward train goes "straight". SO - if you want to save a little money, ride the bus to Seward and then on the next day take the train to Whittier! You will get the best of both worlds - the beautiful train ride to Whittier and the less expensive and still beautiful bus trip to Seward.

FYI - on the bus sit on the right side/passenger side of the bus. This is the side that faces the water in the Turnagain Arm.

Also - comparing the schedules

Train leaves Anchorage at 6:45am with check-in required at 5:45am.

Bus leaves Anchorage at 7:00am with check-in at 6:30am.

Archived