NCL's new shore excursions specials for kids

Scoopny

We are booked on Gem out of NY 7/28/12. Family of four, 2 kids ages 12 and 16. Anyway I was curious to see what specials NCL was going to run on their website once the Free balcony upgrade special was over. I went in this morning and saw that they are offering free shore excursions to kids 12 and under and teens are half off. I GOT SO EXCITED! (I really didn't book any excursions as of yet because it was so pricey). I hit "more info" and it gave no indication that there are any restrictions or dates of bookings and so on. So I called the excursion # and the girl told me that it is only for bookings from today thru May 13th. I said to her, that means that because I booked early, I will have to pay $168 for both my kids to parasail and someone else with same age kids that books today only has to pay $42 for both of their kids? She said she was sorry and then she said "I can't comment really but I know what your saying". That is nuts! I'm just sitting here shaking my head. So I thought I would turn to the experts (this board) and see what everyone's thoughts were. Did this girl misinform me or do they really do things like that?

I've shaken my head at this type of thing for many, many years. My satelite company only offers the best deals to "new" customers. My telephone company, same deal. My internet company, same deal. My cell phone company offers me deals on new phones after something like every 3 years, but new customers are offered free phones if they sign up. Etc, etc.

This is probably the oldest trick in the book for enticing new clientele. But it is what it is.

By the way the restriction is in the very first sentence "Book your 2012 family cruise today"

Those who have not yet made "final payment" can obviously cancel (for no penalty) and then can "re-book" a new reservation. Of course, if they had previously gotten a balcony at the OV price, then that too would go away but the balcony prices (right now) look like they did before they revoked that offer so they are still @ $1,499pp so...

Those who have not yet made "final payment" can obviously cancel (for no penalty) and then can "re-book" a new reservation. Of course, if they had previously gotten a balcony at the OV price, then that too would go away but the balcony prices (right now) look like they did before they revoked that offer so they are still @ $1,499pp so...

They may also lose any OBC that they may have gotten on another promotion.

Archived