Monarch questions- Booked last minute!

I just booked Dh and I on her today for Mothers Day weekend which is our anniversary, it will be hubbies first time on Royal and I'm hoping he will like it enough to start trying other Royal ships, (He prefers carnival) I'm ready for a change though

When you choose my time dining are you seated with other families or are you by yourself? In the past we always picked the earlier seating because we liked having the same waiter and getting to know our table mates and hearing how their cruise was going. However it would be nice to do MTD because 6 is a little early for dinner but 8 is too late. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is the ship I am waiting for to drop in price in July. I enjoyed reading the thread. I hope it is me posting that I got it in a month or 6 weeks.

Kelly

Summertime price drops are tough, that's a popular time to cruise. My late June Majesty cruise has gone up quite a bit since I booked.

I just booked Dh and I on her today for Mothers Day weekend which is our anniversary, it will be hubbies first time on Royal and I'm hoping he will like it enough to start trying other Royal ships, (He prefers carnival) I'm ready for a change though

My DH is extremely loyal (to a fault) of many things he has done in the past. We went on Carnival the first two times we cruised together because his prior cruises were on Carnival, then I talked him into RCI (Majesty of the Seas) because I knew he would love it once he was on board. Sure enough, within five minutes he was commenting about the classy look of the ship, ten minutes after that he was praising the traffic flow v. Carnival, and by the end of the cruise he was open to trying any ship on any cruise line.

I love this thread, and the timing. We will be on the Monarch for the 3-night next weekend (5 more days!). It is a grey and rainy weekend in SW Florida and I don't look forward to the work week, so this has been a real spirit-booster :D We are booked for early dinner seating as usual, but will try to change to MTD as soon as we board because we want to try Jade one night and will go to the WJ for a quick dinner (first dinner ever in WJ) before heading to Atlantis for the evening in Nassau. I am hoping we won't have a problem changing once we explain we will be in the MDR only once.

My DH snorkels but I just love the boat ride and watching others in the water. There are a limited number of observer tickets available on board for one of the snorkeling excursions, so for the first time we will book an excursion once we are on board instead of in advance. I am slightly nervous about availability - does anybody have any experience in booking last-minute excursions?

Archived