50% off Excursions

Grandad

Thanks Bill, as ever, not shoooting the messenger and thanks for finding out for us but that is really very very disappointing as it reads to me there are no excursions on October 19th which was added as a second day in Ashdod when we lost Egypt- so what are guests to do that day - in the communication that came out when the itinerary was changed, much was made about having the opportunity for two days of sightseeing in Jerusalem.

I am sure many guests will be unhappy with this news - we certainly are and will now need to decide how we handle this and indeed, if staying with this cruise was the right decision. It is a high price to be paying when we have already lost Egypt and now have a curtailed Holy Land experience. I had hoped I could maybe do Jerusalem and Bethlehem on Day 1 and Dead Sea only (not Herods palace) on Day 2.

Thanks for your input

Ann

You can do Jerusalem and the Dead Sea in one day (not sure about Bethlehem too but probably if the ship will be in port overnight) with a private guide. They all have this itineary BUT the cruise line has never offered it.

We basically did your itinerary last year when Egypt was canceled. We used Azamara for the Dead Sea and Masada Excursion and went with a private guide to Jerusalem. On our third day we went with a private guide to Tel Aviv.

It was a good decision because Azamara canceled all of their Israeli tours the first day when we ended up in Haifa instead of Ashdod.

Let me know if you need private guide information. We used two differant ones.

Further to Louis post, personally I have no desire for Tel Aviv or Jaffa and looking at maps and other operators timings a trip to the Dead Sea and back with time for a float takes the same time as a Tel Aviv or Jaffa trip

Azamara has never offered a Dead Sea only half day excursion. You should set this up with a private guide and get others on your roll call to join.

Azamara has never offered a Dead Sea only half day excursion. You should set this up with a private guide and get others on your roll call to join.

Thanks, given that nothing seems to be being offered in Jerusalem on 19 th I'm just surprised with their new destination focus they do not offer this as a half day. In fact so far nothing is being offered at all for the day :(

Archived