Early Saver Help?

jessiesgurl

Hi,

This is our first cruise, therefore also our first time doing early saver, and it sounds simple enough but I think I'm confusing myself.

I already have the screenshot saved to my computer, I would like to verify that I'm looking at everything correctly (yes, sometimes the simplest of things can go straight over my head...I know this... lol:rolleyes:

When looking at the early saver rates, we are looking at the CRUISE RATE, right? For example, my cruise rate on my receipt is $1698.

I just checked the website, and the cruise rate for my exact location is now $1658.

I know, not that much...but it's $30!

Also, can you submit as many early savers as you find?

Hi,

This is our first cruise, therefore also our first time doing early saver, and it sounds simple enough but I think I'm confusing myself.

I already have the screenshot saved to my computer, I would like to verify that I'm looking at everything correctly (yes, sometimes the simplest of things can go straight over my head...I know this... lol:rolleyes:

When looking at the early saver rates, we are looking at the CRUISE RATE, right? For example, my cruise rate on my receipt is $1698. YES - CruiseRate for same Cruise, Same Cabin Category, same total rate for same ## passengers.

I just checked the website, and the cruise rate for my exact location is now $1658.

Also, can you submit as many early savers as you find? ABSOLUTELY

If you book Early Saver , from the time you book until 2 business days before sailaway, you are entitled to fare drops in the ES rate (as long as it's offered) -AND- for ANY of the promo rates that you are eligible for;

if you're a Past Guest and the Past Guest Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop,

if you're a Senior and the Senior Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop,

if you're a yourstate Resident and the Resident rate for yourstate Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop,

if you're Military qualified and the Military Rate drops below your ES Rate, you're eligible for the drop (Carnival now displays the Military Rate in the advanced search).

You cannot directly price match Early Saver to a "Guarantee" rate like FunSaver, Pack-and-Go, etc; however (generally) if the rate for the Guarantee CATEGORY (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category drops below your ES rate, then you can give-up your assigned cabin for a guarantee cabin in the higher Category and get OBC for the difference; some have reported that they did not have to give-up their cabin, others have had to. You remain Early Saver.

To price-match Early Saver to an OBC or Cash-Back Sale, subtract the OBC or Cash Back from the Sale rate – if the resultant rate is less than your ES rate, then Carnival will generally let you “Buy UP” to the sale rate and give you the OBC or Cash-Back. You remain Early Saver.

The Early Saver Booking is generally withdrawn 5 months before sailaway for cruises 6 days and longer, and 3 months before sailaway for cruises 5 days and shorter.

ken

For example, my cruise rate on my receipt is $1698.

Also, can you submit as many early savers as you find?

$1698-$1658=$40. Yes, you can submit for each price-drop you're eligible for.

LOL! See, between being tired, dealing w/ bedtime tantrums & a fussy baby I missed those last $10....

Thanks to all for explaining! :D

Once you get approved for that drop, the lower fare will now be the price you are comparing for future price drops.:cool:

Archived