Breakfast in Cagney's

khia213

The Stages of Posts about Cagneys:

1. Oooh, my favorite perk! Delicious! Pictures of food!
  2. Do they still have.....???
  3. I'm disappointed now that the Colossal Shrimp are just Gigantic.
  4. Do I get this if I'm in a mini-suite?
  5. Mini-suites are just balconies, why do they have to trick us with their bait and switch nickel and dime FRAUD!
  6. My children are across the hall from our suite, can I bring them?
  7. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  8. The food is not that great, I can get better (waffles, omelets, lox) in the (MDR, buffet.)
  9. The french press coffee is (not that great, too strong, not really pressed, burned)
  10. Love the french press coffee!
  11. I miss the (fatoush, sliders) but I really love the (crab benedict, kosher chicken, brownie sundae.)
  12. I love Cagney's, my favorite perk!

I like the french press coffee in Cagney's. However, the coffee situation on our most recent trip on the Dawn was very disappointing. They had serious coffee issues the entire trip. Most days it took forever (as in halfway through breakfast) before the french press coffee arrived. A couple times they served regular coffee from a carafe, and it was cold. One time I had to refuse it because it was cold the first time and they tried to refill it later from the same carafe that had just been sitting on the counter the whole time. What was really annoying was when they would seat someone else and give them a fresh carafe immediately when I was still waiting several minutes after being seated.

The biggest perk for us is the Lavazza coffee and machine, we also have a high end machine at home as I' am a coffee addict.

I already have purchased two thermal travel mugs that will go with us everywhere including Cagney's for breakfast every morning for two weeks.

Other than the specialty cafe on board I have never enjoyed the coffee on board since they removed the esspresso/cap machines in the buffet area.

We were offered a super deal for a Family Villa by the up sell fairy on the May 22, 2011 Pearl cruise to Alaska. We got a call on May 16 and could not resist. It was our first butler/concierge stateroom after 4 earlier NCL cruises. We really loved the breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. The service was fabulous and so was the food. We learned late in the cruise that they will whip up special meals if you ask. My DW said if she knew that earlier Cagneys would have even meant more. I loved giving tips several times in the week to several members of the staff. Even once to a line cook. All these folks valued the tip and service even got better.

While it does not always make economic sense for us to acquire a suite, we will be in a Family Suite on the Dawn this October. We not only wanted the Cagney B/L experience again but will earn enough Latitude points to take us from silver to platinum. 48 points - 16 for the days, 16 for the suite and 16 for the Latitudes Insider April status of the Dawn October 26 sailing.

Wes

:cool:

On the Jade in February, we had breakfast each morning in Cagney's. It was, in general, very good. But: the French Press was no more. :eek: Coffee was served out of a pitcher by our waitress. Also - "cream" came in the little plastic single serve cups with the peel-back lid. This was definitely not the case last year on the Pearl when we had the French Press and fresh, cold cream. Maybe it was just a Jade or European itinerary thing? Or maybe a new fleet-wide cutback? Anyone else had this experience?

I'm just off the Jewel. I don't drink coffee but saw other tables getting the French press. Out table has a creamer with ?milk ?cream in it on the table.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just off the Jewel. I don't drink coffee but saw other tables getting the French press. Out table has a creamer with ?milk ?cream in it on the table.

If you ask for the French press they will bring it to you. Otherwise you will get regular coffee

On the Jade in February, we had breakfast each morning in Cagney's. It was, in general, very good. But: the French Press was no more. :eek: Coffee was served out of a pitcher by our waitress. Also - "cream" came in the little plastic single serve cups with the peel-back lid. This was definitely not the case last year on the Pearl when we had the French Press and fresh, cold cream. Maybe it was just a Jade or European itinerary thing? Or maybe a new fleet-wide cutback? Anyone else had this experience?

We were on the Sun in February and Il Adaggio is the suite breakfast/lunch dining room. We did indeed have the French press for coffee. Since DH and I both take it black I don't know about the cream situation.

The Stages of Posts about Cagneys:

1. Oooh, my favorite perk! Delicious! Pictures of food!
  2. Do they still have.....???
  3. I'm disappointed now that the Colossal Shrimp are just Gigantic.
  4. Do I get this if I'm in a mini-suite?
  5. Mini-suites are just balconies, why do they have to trick us with their bait and switch nickel and dime FRAUD!
  6. My children are across the hall from our suite, can I bring them?
  7. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  8. The food is not that great, I can get better (waffles, omelets, lox) in the (MDR, buffet.)
  9. The french press coffee is (not that great, too strong, not really pressed, burned)
  10. Love the french press coffee!
  11. I miss the (fatoush, sliders) but I really love the (crab benedict, kosher chicken, brownie sundae.)
  12. I love Cagney's, my favorite perk!

I'll just print that out and never open another cagney's breakfast thread.

We were offered a super deal for a Family Villa by the up sell fairy on the May 22, 2011 Pearl cruise to Alaska. We got a call on May 16 and could not resist. It was our first butler/concierge stateroom after 4 earlier NCL cruises. We really loved the breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. The service was fabulous and so was the food. We learned late in the cruise that they will whip up special meals if you ask. My DW said if she knew that earlier Cagneys would have even meant more. I loved giving tips several times in the week to several members of the staff. Even once to a line cook. All these folks valued the tip and service even got better.

What kind of special meals can you request? Any examples?

What kind of special meals can you request? Any examples?

Scallops replaced the chicken in the fettuccine offering on the menu. I would ask your server or the Cagney's chef how flexible they are in making something different.

We are in a suite aging on the 10/26/12 Colonial cruise from Quebec. We'll put Cagney's to the test then and find out what limitations there are.

Wes

:)

Scallops replaced the chicken in the fettuccine offering on the menu. I would ask your server or the Cagney's chef how flexible they are in making something different.

We are in a suite aging on the 10/26/12 Colonial cruise from Quebec. We'll put Cagney's to the test then and find out what limitations there are.

Wes

:)

Thanks! We'll keep this in mind. Can't hurt to ask, I guess.

this is hilarious! I agree totally with the summary, always come back to the same conclusion: Cagney's is one of the best aspects of NCL suites.

Our experience is they are quite willing to do special requests, if asked.

Can't wait until our Oct to Bermuda on the Star, to try out the SG suite...

Cagney's is a great perk for the suites! But that doesn't include the mini suites. And while we have stayed in a mini suite and enjoyed it, I do wish they would rename them so there isn't the confusion about it being a 'real' suite and having the suite perks.

This thread makes me extremely hungry for eggs benedict and fruits de mer!

Archived