Allure Promenade Stateroom 7187

We stayed down the hall from you in 7197.

Compared with the Promenade cabins on the Freedom class, I found that the view from our cabin on the Allure was disappointing. There were more structural elements that blocked a bit of the view (from 7197 at least — it may not be an issue for your cabin), and it otherwise wasn't quite as good as what I had remembered on the Liberty of the Seas.

We had very few cabins from which to choose. We wanted connecting cabins, and on the Oasis-class, there were only three Promenade cabins, which only connected to large interior cabins. I was disappointed with the limited selection.

Here are a couple views from the window...

normal_DSCF0437%7E0.JPG

normal_DSCF0438%7E0.JPG

Just off Allure a couple weeks ago our kids had a promenade stateroom & DW and I a connecting interior. I was suprised how much sound actually came through the window in our DD's Promenade cabin. Where our basic interior was much quieter.

We were just in 7203, right down the hall, during the week of 4/1.

What we liked: sitting in the window seat and people watching. We could see all the parades and events, but it was more fun to be down on the promenade in the middle of it.

What we didn't like as much: as noted, a lot of structure in front of you - we looked at a little balcony with a spotlight and what looked like a bag of garbage all week. I would not recommend this particular cabin, however - it's right below the Park Cafe, and the noise from chairs scraping the floor above you is loud and annoying, especially in the late afternoon. If I had a baby who needed to nap (or liked afternoon naps myself), it would have been a bigger problem. Not sure if Park Cafe is above 7187 too but you might want to check. It looks like there might just be stores above you. Noise from outside didn't bother us as much as noise from above.

The affordability of that cabin got us on Allure, and we were just thrilled to be there, so it didn't bother us too much. I missed having a balcony, though, especially when the ship was a little rocky one night. It always helps me to look out at the ocean - so I walked down the hall and looked out by the rock climbing wall.

If I had to do this cabin class on this ship again, I'd pay closer attention to what was above me.

I would not recommend this particular cabin, however - it's right below the Park Cafe, and the noise from chairs scraping the floor above you is loud and annoying, especially in the late afternoon.

Oh, yeah... I forgot about that. I awoke each morning to the sounds of the chairs from Park Café. On the good side, it was quiet to go to bed, so that was something.

If I had to do this cabin class on this ship again, I'd pay closer attention to what was above me.

Yup... This is definitely an important recommendation.

For me, if I were to book an interior cabin on the Oasis-class, I'd probably skip the Promenade cabins and go with a regular inside one instead.

Promenade cabins on the Freedom-class ships are great, though, and I'm really looking forward to my upcoming Freedom of the Seas cruise in one.

• 2 years later...

ImageUploadedByForums1413575703.813175.jpg.29f1325559b4cbeccea2ec13598b7532.jpg

We loved this room. There was four of us that stayed in it. In fact we leave in 35 days for the thanksgiving sailing on Allure and I'm disappointed we don't have a promenade room with the Pullman bed. Room was great. Had no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1413575676.995005.jpg.8cc86171cdfa9b3403829fb00362b633.jpg

Edited by womack214

• 3 years later...
I know this is an old thread, but thank you for posting the pictures of Oasis 7187! We have this room for 5 for our September cruise. :)

Oh good I’m glad you found the pictures! I’m not sure if they have updated anything since we were on her. She is an amazing ship. Have fun and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums