anything for 1 year old??????????

coachwardog

are there any babysitting services available for a 1 year old - for dinner time or late nights?

Babysitting is available 10pm-3am for an hourly fee. We did not use it because my son was out cold well before 10pm.

are there any babysitting services available for a 1 year old - for dinner time or late nights?

You can drop your child off at camp carnival in the late evening once the free camp is done, but they don't offer anything for dinner or anything in room...

You pay an hourly fee for younger children for specified periods after dinner. Honestly, I wouldn't do this. My grandson was there and he was 8. When we picked him up there were young children crying, clearly unhappy, and some screaming. Not enough staff for too many young children and the staff that were there were not caring for these children. You are paying them by the hour, maybe that's why they didn't call any of these children's parents like they are suppose to do. If a child is old enough to tell you what is going on, Camp Carnival is fine, but for a baby, I wouldn't do it. We kept our 14 mo. old with us after seeing this more than once. JMHO

I'm available. :p pay my way and I will babysit for you as much as you need.

We had friends that paid for a nanny to come with them...they put their daughter and this girl in another room and they were in one room. One night they went to the room and they weren't there...they found out she was in the bar with some guy and she had put the kid in camp anyway...I thought that was funny!

One of the advantages of Royal is the in room babysitting service...

That and the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery. Absolutely FANTASTIC! I wish that Carnival would have something like this. NCL recently announced a similar program as well (BIG reason why we are cruising NCL for our next cruise and NOT Carnival).

To the OP, in addition to late night babysitting services, you will also have drop off hours during the day (for a fee). Usually, on port days, drop off hours for kids under 2 will be from arrival time until 12:00pm. On sea days, drop off hours will be from 8:00am until 10:00am

Here's the card of services for kids under 2:

DSCF9501.jpg

When we picked him up there were young children crying, clearly unhappy, and some screaming. Not enough staff for too many young children and the staff that were there were not caring for these children.

That's another cue that Carnival could take from Royal Caribbean. The Royal Babies & Tots Nursery was greatly staffed. Every night, there would be 3-4 staff members caring for around 10-12 kids (better teacher-kid ratio than most nurseries back home).

Another thing that we liked was that they gave us a celphone to keep the entire week. We could call and check on our son if we wanted to, but most importantly, they could call us if there were any issues with our son (and yes, we actually got called once).

Archived