Fantasy or Allue

Rcook38`

So we have done two cruises as a family of 6, four boys 12,14,16,17. After two cruises my youngest has decided he don't want to go again. So he is staying with grandma :D. So its just 5 of use! We are torn between the Fantasy and Allure. We have been on Freedom of the Seas this year and Carnival Sensation the year before! I want more of a family cruise. Not that FOS was not family, but there is just allot more "adult" things going on I guess! Plus I am not big on broadway shows, etc. I rather see a Disney show! But that is me! The kids don't mind as long as they can hang out. Does anyone know if there is a curfew on Disney?? Price wise its rather comparable. So thats not a real big issues! I like the idea of being able to do the adult only places while the older boys do their thing! Ideas? Thoughts?

As much as I am pro DCL, but if I had 4 boys that age, then Allure will be an obvious choice, or if not, then Oasis of the Seas :)

Or as an alternative do you think maybe a more port intensive itinerary like Alaska cruise or even non-cruise vacation like resort at Hawaii will be an option?

What time of the year are you thinking of doing this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add NCL Epic - absolutely one of our favorite (30+ cruises with our children). The Epic has so much to offer - they will all be able to find things to do. It is much more budget friendly too(if this is an issue).

we did oasis for DS's 16th bday and he loved it. the teen stuff is so numerous. they have a teen lounge, teen disco, teen only deck area. The teen lounge has computers, video games, a sit and chat on bean bags area, a lounge on sofa cushions in front of big tv to watch movies and play guitar hero area ... they have a music studio and you can learn to DJ in the DJ scratch academy. There are 2 flowriders, 2 rockwalls, zip line, ice skating rink, full basketball court, mini golf, ping pong, arcade. this was the 3rd cruise we were on and was by far the best match for that age group. And for me they had Shrek ( not quite disney but i love that ogre) The adults only area was nice and relaxing too.

Archived