Anyone cruised on the Fantasy

odysseyw5

It's a great ship to get you hooked on cruising. It's got all the WOW factor you need in a 3/4 day cruise. Food is above average, entertainment is typical of any cruise and it's really a pretty ship overall. Doing the Fantasy first can only mean it will get better and you may find that hard to believe.

The problem with 3/4 day cruises is you will have many first time cruisers with you vs. experieced long time cruisers. These tend to be more negative and generally a little more roudy than those on a 7 day or longer. The are on it for the party fun factor vs. the art of cruising, still it's a great ship to get your feet wet on. There are two types of people in the world: cruisers and non-cruisers. After a Fantasy cruise you will know which one you fit into.

The Fantasy was our first cruise in 1999, and we are now going on our 6th cruise, the Glory in 8 days. I guess that says it all about the Fantasy..............We loved it so much we haven't been able to stop. I've been on her twice and my kids have been three times.

I will admit I liked her decor better before being redone, Just my tastes I guess..........Trisha

Just looking to get anyone's impression of the Fantasy. It will be the first time our children will be on a cruise and we are all excited. So, how was your experience?

When are you sailing? A group of 9 of us are going 5/26 and it will be the first cruise for our friend's 3 kids too.

Thanks everyone for your insight about the Fantasy.

We are getting extremely excited about our trip! And thanks to these boards, where I have learned so much, then passed the information to the family who get even more excited about the trip.

We are leaving Cape Canaveral on Sunday, June 5 with ports at Freeport and Nassau returning on Thursday, June 9.

Our kids are 17, 12.5 and 10.5.

Archived