Carnival Zip Line Excursion In La Romana

Cruisin'Ferret

Canopy Cumayasa also known as Cumayasa Sky Adventure. I think it was opened summer 2011. It's part of Rancho Cumayasa (they also do catamaran trips to Catalina island, river tours, horseback riding, buggies etc). They are based on the beautiful Cumayasa river about 25 minutes west of La Romana Port.

There isn't much English info on them yet. Here are some links in Spanish...

http://canopycumayasa.tumblr.com/

http://cumayasa.tumblr.com/

http://casadecampoliving.com/2011/07/inauguration-of-canopy-cumaysa-sunday-july-3rd/ (in English from Casa de Campo's homeowners magazine)

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Carnival Cruise. We didn't know what to do in Dominican Republic. The cruise highly suggested to book an excursion at this port. There is nothing to do right off the ship. On board, we saw the zipling excursion and booked it. It was 104.00 per person. It was approx 30 min bus ride. The staff was excellent. The trails was all together about a mile. The tour ended at the rivers edge with cold drinks and snacks. I had a wonderful time. It was my first zipling experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My mom and I would like to do this zipline course on our upcoming cruise. We have only ziplined one other time, but really enjoyed it. For our previous ziplining experience, my mom was given a chest harness in addition to (maybe in place of?) the regular harness that everyone else used. Does anyone know if this is available at the La Romana zipline? She is hesitant to go ziplining without the additional harness. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

After several attempts to contact Carnival to get information about the chest harnesses, I e-mailed Rancho Cumayasa directly. They quickly responded to my e-mail. There ARE chest harnesses available on the zipline course.

I'm sailing on Carnival Breeze in March 2013 and am adding this to the list of possabilities....it looks like fun! I'm not a huge fan of heights, but I think I might be able to do this since I am safely strapped in :P

Looking forward to what you all have to say as you try it! :)

• 6 months later...

Archived