flight times home from Epic in Barcelona???

ozzyboy

I booked the Epic for June round trip Barcelona, Spain and are now doing my flights. Do you think that I will make a flight coming home if it's at 10:30 am. will I get from the ship to the airport in Barcelona for a 10:30 am flight home.??? anyone have done this or know or can advise me...

I booked the Epic for June round trip Barcelona, Spain and are now doing my flights. Do you think that I will make a flight coming home if it's at 10:30 am. will I get from the ship to the airport in Barcelona for a 10:30 am flight home.??? anyone have done this or know or can advise me...

We had a flight around this time for our Gem sailing from Barcelona. We had to be off early, early, early. We did it, and made it in time for our flight, but we encountered a very long check in line at the airport. What is the earliest time you can get off the ship? We grabbed a cab from the ship to the airport.

They will be getting people off very early on the Epic - you can plan to be out by 7 or 7:30 if you do the walk-off. With such a large ship, they want you gone so that they can start cleaning for the new set of passengers. We have made 10am flights out of BCN with no problem. But remember, get up and get out;)

We walked off the Epic with our luggage at like 6:15. The cruise terminal was pretty dead. The taxi drivers were just standing there chatting. We were to the airport before 7AM. I think we saw one other couple leaving the cruise terminal. Get to BCN and there the lines for Iberia and Delta were crazy long. We were flying BA at 11AM and had to wait quite a while for the counter to even open up for check-in. If you are flying AA/DL/IB, plan to leave the ship super early. Carnival Magic was also in port so that contibuted to the madness at the airport.

You will have no problem if you are off the first thing after the ship docks. We had that flight, were at the airport by 7:30 - plenty of time to check in and relax before the flight. Much better than the other options.

You didn't say what time your ship is scheduled to dock?? That makes all the difference in the world. If your ship docks at 6:00am, then you should have no problem.

From my experience, we had an 11:00am flight on BA, and we were not worried at all. We had a leisurely breakfast, and we were among the last to disembark at about 7:30am. We got our luggage, grabbed a taxi, and we were at the airport by about 8:15am. So when we got to the airport, the clerk said there was a problem with our 11:00am flight, and she wanted to put us on the earlier 9:30am flight. Then we walked to the gate, there was no line at security. When we got to the gate, we were the first people there!! No kidding.

We had the same flight time last year in Barcelona and were on the EPIC as well and had no problem. We walked off around 7:30 am, grabbed a taxi and got there with plenty of time! If fact, there were a lot of passengers who left earlier than us, we seemed like we were one of the very few with a "later" flight. You will be fine!!

We got off the Jade in Barcelona this morning. We are currently sitting at Barcelona airport waiting for our flight - the only flight we had available was 2.30pm :(

The first coloured tags to leave the ship were at 7.30. We left the ship at 8.30. Picked up our luggage and in a cab by 9am. We were at the airport at 9.30.

If we had left at 7.30 we would probably have been here by 8.30 so 10.30 flight should be ok.

Do bear in mind that things sometimes do not go according to plan and you may want to make contingency plans.

Take a cab, especially if you think you'll be stressed about time. You won't have to wait for a bus to fill and you'll be in control of your luggage. It's under 35 Euros to airport for 2 people and 2 pieces of luggage. Plenty of cabs will be available.

(picture is small, but that's the taxi line)

1993456951_Epiccruise445.jpg.2d3d29ca12e31d46378eb7ba7dc16e87.jpg

Archived