MDR seating on regular cruise

NKsDogWalker

The two (three in June) cruises I have been on we just show up to MDR and they seat us. We never sit with "other" people unless it is a real big table and it is never with the same people or same wait staff. I think this is because we are on a charter cruise. How do they normally seat you in the MDR? I am just curious.

When you book your cruise, you can select traditional dining, either early (6ish) or late (8ish) where you have to go to the dining room at that time to the same table every night, or any time dining where you can show up at any time just like you were at a restaurant and they'll seat you wherever, with some input from you (large shared table, small table, same waiter as previous night, etc.).

whatever the md does to assemble the puzzle. he has to now work with roster, linked accounts, vip priority dining requests, and now, special requests through the brand ambassador.

and then rework it though the request line on embarkation day.

If you have set time dining. You are given a seat assignment. They show you to your table the first night. After that you can just walk into the dining room and sit at your table. If you have a special request (table for two or by the window), you should go see the maitre'd at embarkation.

If you have Your Time Dining (YTD), then the will seat you nightly and not always at the same table, although you can request a specific section and wait staff if you would like. However, there could be a short wait.

We did YTD on our cruise in October and my wife always wanted a table for two by the window. Never had to wait more than 15 minutes, some nights not at all.

Archived