Effect of Hawaii Liquor Law Change (POA)

wayfarer87

A warning! The internet onboard POA is absolutely without a doubt the worse! Even compared to all the NCL ships which surprised me because your always sailing so close to land.

I had a few words with the guy who runs it and by the 3/4 day when he knew we were on going to be on the ship for 14 days he credited back the cost of the large pkg. (I forgot but it was something like 100 plus min.) and we had burned through it just waiting to connect to whatever site.

So I would do the same if you have any problems.

I think they should credit you with the amount of OBC that it would take to purchase the same amount of drinks. I would be very unhappy with being offered wine as I don't drink wine.Nor would i want them to give me beer.As far as the other perks I would do a search of reviews from around the time that you booked this cruise and see if there is any mention of those perks.

- They didn't say what the values of the wine are that they are offering, but something tells me it is not their finest bottle of $200 wine. I can update when I know for sure for those who are curious.

Sure hope you like "Tisdale" (retails for $3.50), which is NCL's current house swill. It even comes with a handy twist off top!:eek:

Thanks for the feedback everyone - it seems like most people generally agree that since we don't want the wine, the OBC is something we should get. I'll bring this up with them soon and let you guys know what the outcome is.

And to some of the other random comments:

- Cancel the cruise at the last minute and lose all my money? That makes a ton of sense! lol

- I remember when booking the cruise, the reason that I picked the top suite over the ones right below it were because it had the free internet - and I remember there being limo service too. I have no proof of this as I didn't take a screen shot of the internet page or have NCL send me a statement of promised amenities or something, but I know that is the reason I booked the top suite! There were 2 other suites with hot tubs on the balcony too (that's what I really wanted!!!) but these things weren't in their listed amenities.

- They didn't say what the values of the wine are that they are offering, but something tells me it is not their finest bottle of $200 wine. I can update when I know for sure for those who are curious.

The top suite on the POA isn't a Garden Villa. In addition, none of the suites have free internet... which has been mentioned in multiple cruise reviews. You get a free laptop (if one is provided), but not free internet. I think you set yourself up for disappointment, frankly, by your description of what you -thought- was included with the cabin. Were you by chance also pricing Princess when you were cruise shopping (going by the "free internet")?

I completely get being frustrated by the price you needed to pay to get a private hot tub. Bear in mind the hot tub you booked is rather small, and not always ready for you to use:

<--that's video of an Owner's suite, because there's no piano.

All that being said, I hope you get on the boat and all the aggravation falls off of you because of your wonderful experience on the Pride of America and being in Hawai'i.

Archived