Do you think that DCL will return to New York in 2014 or 2015??

ozzyboy

I was just wondering if DCL will return to New York again after this summer for more New York departures..... i know that my sailing is sold out

if this year is a success, then you can be sure DCL will return.

I'm guessing they will. With 4 ships to fill, i find it hard to believe they won't return to the massive market New York and the surrounding area represents.

if this year is a success, then you can be sure DCL will return.

I'm guessing they will. With 4 ships to fill, i find it hard to believe they won't return to the massive market New York and the surrounding area represents.

Ditto

New York is a huge market albeit only in summer.Very rich people live within New York and Connecticut.

why only in the summer? try telling that to rccl who has a ship full time in bayonne new jersey. carnival full time from baltimore. ncl full time from new york. why cant dcl have a ship full time in a cold area if the other cruise lines can?

why only in the summer? try telling that to rccl who has a ship full time in bayonne new jersey. carnival full time from baltimore. ncl full time from new york. why cant dcl have a ship full time in a cold area if the other cruise lines can?

Mickie and Minnie and Goofy don't like cold weather and snow :o

I would imagine that they are looking at Bermuda out of New York which is a very pleasant spring/summer trip and then New England and Canada in the fall (although the itineraries they've offered have sucked) before repo'ing to the southern Caribbean for the winter. Could be a great use of the Magic while the Wonder remains on the west coast sailing Alaska in the summer and Hawaii the rest of the year.

I would imagine that they are looking at Bermuda out of New York which is a very pleasant spring/summer trip and then New England and Canada in the fall (although the itineraries they've offered have sucked) before repo'ing to the southern Caribbean for the winter. Could be a great use of the Magic while the Wonder remains on the west coast sailing Alaska in the summer and Hawaii the rest of the year.

I dont see dcl sailing hawaii 8 months a year. next week dcl has their first hawaii cruise and rooms are still available.dont get me wrong hawaii is nice im going to book for next year in sept as soon as the cruise is able to book.

I dont see dcl sailing hawaii 8 months a year. next week dcl has their first hawaii cruise and rooms are still available.dont get me wrong hawaii is nice im going to book for next year in sept as soon as the cruise is able to book.

The sheer number of people cruising on the East coast is much higher then on the West coast. Difficult to fill huge ships on the west coast.Population and the western europeans, central americans , latin americans are more on the East coast.My last visit to Orlando, I saw more Brazilians then any other foreign tourists.

Depends on how they do this summer. I would imagine that they would. Fantasy seemed popular while she was there and that is such a huge area with so many people.

Also... do you think that the Wonder will come back East? Its coming back in winter 2013 but going back that summer. No one knows after that. What do you think?

Also... do you think that the Wonder will come back East? Its coming back in winter 2013 but going back that summer. No one knows after that. What do you think?

Apart from cruising Alaska in summer, Disney does not find the west coast market lucrative.So the Wonder goes to the Mediterranean during summer and the Magic goes to New York in summer and Galveston,TX during winter .

If they add more ships after Fantasy, they might have a full time ship in Los Angeles.

Right now having a ship in the New York during summer is more lucrative for Disney then summer cruises from Los Angeles :)

Apart from cruising Alaska in summer, Disney does not find the west coast market lucrative.So the Wonder goes to the Mediterranean during summer and the Magic goes to New York in summer and Galveston,TX during winter .

If they add more ships after Fantasy, they might have a full time ship in Los Angeles.

Right now having a ship in the New York during summer is more lucrative for Disney then summer cruises from Los Angeles :)

i dont see the wonder going to the med but anything is possible in the future. they did some work on the wonder just for alaska cruises.

dont expect any more ships in the near future.

i don't see the wonder going to the med but anything is possible in the future. they did some work on the wonder just for alaska cruises.

dont expect any more ships in the near future.

They have options on two more Dream class ships. Just not sure if they have the market for 6 Disney ships without reducing the premium on their brand .

They can fill six cruise ships but the prices will have to fall to Carnival levels during the off-peak seasons.The problem being you cannot cruise anywhere in winter except the Caribbean, the Pacific islands of Hawaii and other south Pacific islands and the Southern Hemisphere.

I would love for DCL to come back to NY but they need different itineraries. I'm sick of the Bahamas. Although I would do it just for the sea days. Next year we're doing a 9 night NCL cruise from here. It's great not having to deal with airports.

Archived