Costa Rica Tours????

casandbliz

We visited Costa Rica several years ago, and did a river rafting tour through the jungle on inflatable rafts holding 8-10 people. We will be in Costa Rica (port is Puerto Limon) at the end of March 2013.

Not sure yet if the cruise line (Celebrity) has a similar excursion (too early). Does anyone know if there are individual vendors/agencies that would do something like this? We would love to do it again!!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know specifically about that but we booked a tour through Greenway and I know they do trips around Limon so you might look at them. They offer several different type things so you might be able to tailor one to your needs. We were very happy with the personal service and our tour guide, Olie in Punta Renas.

JJ offers one:

http://jjcostarica.bravehost.com/tour.html

We were very happy with him when we used him in October (for a different tour)

We booked with JJ for a different tour earlier this month. He didn't show up for the tour. He had confirmed with us via email 3 times prior to the date. He didn't even bother writing an apology. I wouldn't trust him.

Another couple booked the same tour with us and he took $70 deposit from them. Buyer beware!

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned (MAy 9) from our second Costa Rica Oketdokey tours and were very satisfied again. Charlie Soto does an excellent job of conducting small tours and showing you the local color and points of interest. We did his zipline tour again and loved it. he incorporates stops at local fruit sytands and having lunches at local restaurants. Much better than the large tour busses. We had 10 people in our van and had a great time. We would definitely use Okeydokey tours on our next viait to Costa Rica - east or west coast. In the pix, that's Charlie with the Chagers shirt.

Larry and Sue

download?fid=Inbox&mid=2_0_0_1_253769_AEZVk0UAARtcT9aGeQ4CvRBzxw4&pid=2&tnef=&YY=1339459291281&newid=1&clean=0&inline=1

Wow. Until I hear an explanation or similar I won't recommend him again. He was great for us, but that's unforgivable. He had never asked us for a deposit or anything.

We booked with JJ for a different tour earlier this month. He didn't show up for the tour. He had confirmed with us via email 3 times prior to the date. He didn't even bother writing an apology. I wouldn't trust him.

Another couple booked the same tour with us and he took $70 deposit from them. Buyer beware!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What a shame. We just got back from Panama Canal Cruise w/ Coral Princess, from LA too Ft Lauderdale. I set up a private tour with Alvaro @ Odessy Tours on Sept. 26. We docked in Pundarus, spelling is wrong. He customized the tour for what we wanted to do. I requested Aerial Tram & Tarcoles River Cruise simular to what Princess offers, as most popular, with no shopping, so we could cut off some time. He added some suggestions, like stopping to look @ the white faced monkeys. So glad we did. We would never have gotten to see them up close & personal if we would have been on Princess tour. Lunch was great & included. Alvaro was right there where he said they would be, that morning to pick us up with a sign holding my name. He was also very prompt in answering my E-Mails back, as I had many questions. We ended up being 8 people total from CC roll call. He had nice Air-conditioned van, which we really needed. They had lots of bottled water, soft drinks, & beer for us in the van. So glad all turned out great because I felt responsible for the other 6 people that went with us, since I'm the one that organized the tour. NO MONEY OR CREDIT CARD until after the tour, that was a relief, as I'm not a very trusting person. It was one of the best tours we have ever been on & we would do it again with this Company in a flash. They were recommended here on CC ports & Trip Advisor. I can not thank them enough for a great tour & Thank you CC for the info, or I would have never known about that particular tour company.

Just back from our Princess Cruise, it was very very humid,

Grace

We just returned (MAy 9) from our second Costa Rica Oketdokey tours and were very satisfied again. Charlie Soto does an excellent job of conducting small tours and showing you the local color and points of interest. We did his zipline tour again and loved it. he incorporates stops at local fruit sytands and having lunches at local restaurants. Much better than the large tour busses. We had 10 people in our van and had a great time. We would definitely use Okeydokey tours on our next viait to Costa Rica - east or west coast. In the pix, that's Charlie with the Chagers shirt.

Larry and Sue

download?fid=Inbox&mid=2_0_0_1_253769_AEZVk0UAARtcT9aGeQ4CvRBzxw4&pid=2&tnef=&YY=1339459291281&newid=1&clean=0&inline=1

It's been a couple of years for us but we also had a wonderful time with Charlie Soto and his Okeydokey Tours. I expect in the next few years we will do a Panama junket again and will be looking Charlie up again.

Archived