Oosterdam Mexican Riviera Pics

blueseasrformee

Hola, :)

Have posted some pics,not done yet, all because I took way too many pics! But, you can take a look. There are two albums.

http://community.webshots.com/album/333054721DDSmVl

We had a great time. Seas were very smooth , little chilly going and coming..but we spent the time in the Hydro pool and therapy suite.

Fantastic:)

Food was very good, service of of course was great.

If you go on the Oosterdam anytime this year make sure you look up Alwyn Lapaz, he is working in the Nite Club ( Northern Lights at nite and the Lido Pool area in the Afternoon. Fantastic Kid..( well he is 31 now tho:) ) We have cruised with him now 3 times on 3 different ships. Tell him Danny and Rita said to say hi..and write us! Also say hi to Melissa and Lauren of the cruise staff. Great girls!

Ship is beautful and laid out nicely. This was our fourth Holland cruise.

Loved all three ports, will go back again sometime.

San Diego is a great Port City. Very easy access, beauiful weather and a very nice city. Lots of great things to do.

We had no problem at all embarking or disembarking. It was a breeze. Of course we did just get off when the 7 blasts sounded and the firedoors locked down. Guess there was a fire in the trash incinerator.

Adios,

Dan

blue et al

Have been to Cabo once with my family but didn't get much past the a small bar right after you get to shore that had a view of the street it looked nothing like your "boardwalk" where was that picture taken and the "shrimp" feast? (sorry old age setting in can't remembe your titles) Is that the shrimp restaurant right off the dock? Going to Cabo on a cruise beginning of October and I don't even recoginize the Cabo I saw three years ago but then we didn't go far so any information anyone can give us for hanging out in

Cabo would be appreciated as we are not planning on taking any ship tour

Thanks PPPiglet! Very pretty place..and loved the bigger waves coming in. Lived in LA in the 70's and missed the Pacific. Would of loved to body surfed those..tidal Waves! LOL

Auntdebba

The shrimp rest in the pics is on the other side of the Marina from the tender dock. You either walk about 10 to 15 minutes or take a cab. They said the water taxis will not go there. There is a nice resort hotel there also called Marina Fiesta. You can take Pangas to Medano beach from the tender dock and of course out to El Arco and Lovers beach of course.

Hi all

So for my old arthritic knees if we took a cab to Medano Beach then we would find the restaurants and lovely boardwalk? We can find either jet skis, parasailing or just laying around a beach when we get over there?

Thanking you in advance for your help

Hola,

There are a few ways to Medano Beach. If you want to see Cabo take a Taxi or a Carriage ride . People said that was nice. But if you want to get to just Medano beach take a Panga ( Water Taxi ) You can get them right at the tender dock area and they drop you off at the Beach. You can hire one to take you out to El Arco and Lovers Beach if you want. The board walk you see in the picture is part of the Marina. Nice to walk around and there is a shopping area there. It is still a walk to Medano beach from there. We walked and it did not take long at all. But the Pangas are you best bet.But you can't take a water taxi to there or from there they said.

Here is a map of Cabo. We were in # 28 and # 27 area. You will tender in at the main boat launch.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/maps/cslmap.htm

Location is downtown Puerto Vallarta-Malecon area across the street from beach artwork...just take bus to town and walk up and down sidewalk where sculptures are, you will cuban restaurant and cigars...

hommebronze ~ Where was the Cuban Resturaunt you have pictured? As a Cuban-American, I would love to check it out!!

Thanks!

Location is downtown Puerto Vallarta-Malecon area across the street from beach artwork...just take bus to town and walk up and down sidewalk where sculptures are, you will cuban restaurant and cigars...

Thanks Hommebronze!!;)

Standford's Girl

Thanks. Guess I took way too many. But it was a nice trip and first time we have been to the Mexican Riviera. It is $15.00 pp to use the Hydro pool for the day. Another $15 for the therapy suite. They do have a package you can buy for the entire cruise too. Was very relaxing..not hot...body temp. The steam rooms were great! So are the thermal beds.

Dan

Archived