Wedding Blessings Questions???

Hi all

Can you help I'm going on Dream in Sept for 25th Anniversary and am debating whether to book a blessing.........not sure if love him enough yet LOL ONLY JOKING :D

Any way can someone please tell me how much it costs? What do you get?

Can you chose the day? and the time of day that you want?

Thanks

Hi, we have booked our blessing on the Dream sailing 5th Oct and soooo excited. It cost £186 which we though was ok. When booking with Thomsons we gave the date we want the blessing to happen.

They told us when we get on board the wedding coordinator will meet us and arrange time and details etc. Yes it is done on the bridge with the Captin or senior officer. You get fizzy wine, cake and photo and you can also have dinner with the captin that night. This is also for our 25th anv. We got the idea from others on here that said it is wonderful. Go for it, it is your special time and something to remember for the rest of your lives. x

Hi Runfold

we had our blessing in October last year on The Spirit, included in our package was champagne on arrival in your room, You had a letter from the one of the Thomson hosts, to meet and discuss your arrangements, we were given the opportunity to choose the date, we chose the date of our anniversary and this was confirmed later, I was also asked what type of bouquet i would like and they try to meet your requirements ( mine was hand tied white roses and very beautiful).

The blessing ceremony takes place on the Bridge, our was on the sail out of Venice so very romantic. A glass of champagne and canapes follow, a cake is also made for you. We also had a seat at the Captains table on the formal evening.

You also get a few photos included in the package

It was a lovely experience all round.

didnt even knpw you could do this, we are having a registry office wedding followed by our honeymoon on the celebration. Oh well we have got the honetmoon package so maybe this is something for a anniversary to come:)

We had a blessing on the Bridge of the Celebration 5 years ago (conducted by Captain George de le Grematicas) and it was a fantastic experience.

We paid £178. We had a cake, bouquet of flowers, loads of photo's plus a CD of those photo's (so I now have them on every computer I could get my hands on :D). We were also given a DVD of the ceremony.

Being on the Bridge was brilliant. I wish I could show you my favourite photo of us stood looking out to sea... It was magical.

Go for it.

We're back on her again this Thursday :)

Luv Jayne xxx

I am sure that all of you Renewing Your Vows on board will have a superb time. We just didn´t fancy the Bridge location but would have jumped at the chance to do it elsewhere on board, especially as it would have been a lot less hassle than planning our ceremony here!

Anyway, Ian and I wish all of you celebrating in this way this year a truly wonderful day.

didnt even knpw you could do this, we are having a registry office wedding followed by our honeymoon on the celebration. Oh well we have got the honetmoon package so maybe this is something for a anniversary to come:)

Have you thought about having an actual blessing while you are on your honeymoon? It all sounds really special.

Carol x

Have you thought about having an actual blessing while you are on your honeymoon? It all sounds really special.

Carol x

I agree it does sound fab and it would be wonderful to have my son present as he won't be at the wedding due to him being on the ship. We have already booked the honeymoon package and really wished Thomson had mentioned it. Do you book in advance or just arrange it once on the ship? And i guess you have to speak to Thomson.

I agree it does sound fab and it would be wonderful to have my son present as he won't be at the wedding due to him being on the ship. We have already booked the honeymoon package and really wished Thomson had mentioned it. Do you book in advance or just arrange it once on the ship? And i guess you have to speak to Thomson.

You have to pre-book and then when you're onboard they meet with you to finalise details apparently - I've booked one as a surprise for my husband for our 20th Wedding Anniversary - our children (15 & 12) and my parents will be onboard with us too so I'm really looking forward to it - I've just ordered my husband, son & Dad matching bow ties as I'm sure they'll be happy to wear their DJ's for the occasion !!!

I hadn't really thought about the location of it - with it being on the Bridge - doesn't really bother me where it is, just thought it will be a nice memorable occasion!

We're not doing the meal with the Captain though, firstly they won't allow us to with the children and I really don't think I'd relax into & enjoy that :)

You have to pre-book and then when you're onboard they meet with you to finalise details apparently - I've booked one as a surprise for my husband for our 20th Wedding Anniversary - our children (15 & 12) and my parents will be onboard with us too so I'm really looking forward to it - I've just ordered my husband, son & Dad matching bow ties as I'm sure they'll be happy to wear their DJ's for the occasion !!!

I hadn't really thought about the location of it - with it being on the Bridge - doesn't really bother me where it is, just thought it will be a nice memorable occasion!

We're not doing the meal with the Captain though, firstly they won't allow us to with the children and I really don't think I'd relax into & enjoy that :)

Hi, We sat on the Captains table and although my D/W was very nervous about it she finished up sitting next to the Captain and enjoyed the experience,the social hostess will also sit on the table so she will be able to settle your nerves as well,they could probably arrange for your 2 children to sit on a nearby table,so give it a go you wont regret it,lots of people do loads of cruises and dont get the chance to sit with the Captain.

Hi, We sat on the Captains table and although my D/W was very nervous about it she finished up sitting next to the Captain and enjoyed the experience,the social hostess will also sit on the table so she will be able to settle your nerves as well,they could probably arrange for your 2 children to sit on a nearby table,so give it a go you wont regret it,lots of people do loads of cruises and dont get the chance to sit with the Captain.

We're travelling with my parents so they could have a table with the children. Each to their own, but I would rather spend the evening with my family than making small-talk with the Captain!!!;)

Archived