Rose Hall Activities

spcopps

Is the resort within walking distance to Great House and the children's school? I would love to do the resort for the kids but we don't like to spend all day by a pool. Would also like for my 8 year old to visit their school house and realize how lucky she has it in the states. I want to visit (and tour for an extra fee of course) the Great House. If all these were within walking distance I wouldn't hesitate to pay for Jamaicaforaday...Please let me know I can't find this information anyplace.

We cruised to Ocho Rios a few years ago in June. I am a school teacher so I collected school supplies and planned to donate to the local school. I also wanted to stop in and see a school in progress and was hoping to take some pics for my students to see. School was not in session and I was told by our local guide not to give the children that I saw nearby school supplies or money to buy them because others could attack them for the supplies/money. I did bring back pictures from the outside of the school and shared the story with my students so they could realize how lucky we are to live in the USA.

• 2 weeks later...

So many people on CC have been to Rose Hall and nobody knows if either the school or the great house are within walking distance?? Please someone advise me so I know to book or not..Thanks in advance.

Archived